Titans sign Ahmard Hall, FB, Texas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If he can block like Neal I bet George would be begging to rejoin the team :ha:

But seriously this is a great move for the run game. Our RB situation just got really interesting. I can not see us keeping 3 RBs and a FB w/out dropping one of our receivers.

2. The Titans have had a FB on the 53-man roster for years...

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and they have yet to figure out how to properly implement one

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's hilarious.

Last year, we carried 4 RBs (Brown, Henry, Payton and Nash), 1 FB and 4 TEs.

So a few things could happen. 1) Hall doesn't make the team. 2) Hall could supplant Fleming, knocking him off the squad. 3) Hall could supplement Fleming. The staff keeps them both and if Fleming is 240 and still fast -- (didn't he run a 4.42 or something when he was around 230?) could he be used as short yardage and third down pass catching on screens, cutting the need for Payton, Nash and Ganther? Three or four RBs, one or two FBs. This could possibly lead to the release of a TE as well. Guenther, if he's marginal in any way, Kinney if he's traded. I'd say Troupe and Scaife are pretty safe right now.

Jeez, didn't they put Payton in at fullback some last year? I'd say Fleming does have it in him to keep his just, but he's going to have to be motivated. I dunno, the marine's chances don't sound too bad.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

of course !

thats the #1 quality in a prospect we consider

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, he's clearly a character guy. If you didn't get a chance to read the article about him early this week, it was good. For the short time he was at Texas, he made a big impact on the team emotionally. Vince likes him, and best of all, we didn't have to give up ANYTHING to get him. I would have given a 6th for him. He should play on special teams, and hey, I love more commitment to the running game. He's cheap as dirt, so if he doesn't pan out we lose nothing. Great choice in my book.

As far as the roster, can we still fit with Brown, Henry, and White at RB, Fleming and Hall at FB, and 3 TEs, without cutting a receiver? It sounds like we can. With that kind of depth we can PS a couple of the other guys, sorry JP but you won't make it since we signed White. I forget how the 53 man roster balances out. Maybe this just eliminated Moses Osemegies' chance of making the team. I would like to see this guy in preseason though. I'd bet at some point they let him block for Vince on one of their favorite plays from Texas (like I'd know what that is), but if nothing else he's another quality guy to have around as long as he can hold on. This team need character, work ethic, and additude more than anything else, and he should help that.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

could someone show a profile and picture of this guy?

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

why would we draft a guy (Ganther), then proceed to say he'll challenge Fleming, only to go ahead with a useless signing like this? I don't think there is anyway this guy makes it. They're just giving him a shot to see what he's about. I just don't get it, do they think this will help sign Young faster?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm just guessing but I think the Titans just liked the guy after a workout and wanted to see what he could do with training camp and a couple of preseason games. That's a low investment if you think the kid has something.

The Titans may not think Ganther can make the switch to FB after mini-camp and felt this was the best bet to push Fleming and give the team some options.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Some of you guys act like you are paying these guys salaries or something. I don't care if they bring in 500 players if they think they can get a few upgrades. The Titans normally have a stable of backs in camp and usually carry an extra FB or two knowing full well all but one of those guys is going to make the team. If an UDFA beats out a 7th round pick for a roster spot I'm all for it.

Anyone remember a FA QB named Volek who didn't have a prayer of sticking. You never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar