Titans Sign Brynden Trawick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Not exciting, but we will be okay. Games are not won in march and i dont think we were too happy in last years fa, but it worked out okay.

2. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Ya special teams killed us a few times last year. Im all for having special teams aces, like how the pats have Matthew Slater.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Good, fix the ST. Still missing a PR/KR though.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Number one in special teams, last in the standings.

5. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Oh man I laughed so hard at this I just had to comment lmao

6. kenny

kenny Starter

I get that ST were BAD last year, and need addressing. However, was ANY position worse than CB????

I really hope we are working a deal for Ryans or a trade for a decent starter. This team is in desperate need of starters at CB. Mularkey is already on record not wanting to play rookies at CB. I cannot stand the idea of seeing McCain playing on the outside again this yr!!!! TBH, I feel about the same way with McCourty. Unfortunately, I have a feeling there is a real chance that happens.

FWIW these are good signings. We certainly needed to address the tackling on ST. It was a real joke last year. Highest paid ST in the NFL....wow. Hope they are much better than what we fielded last yr.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

I agree the secondary as a whole were bigger issues than ST but that doesn't mean they need addressed in that order. Plenty of CB's still out there in FA plus what many are anticipating in the draft.

I know a lot won't like it, but I'd like to see Revis signed. He's not the all-pro he was but he'd still be pretty good.

8. kenny

kenny Starter

He would certainly be an upgrade on what we have!! Although I am curious as to if he will face any discipline for the trouble he just got into. I don't think he is the guy you want as your CB1; however, as a mentor & contributor he would be good.

I am not concerned with what order we fill the need. I just want a very good starting level CB signed. We have been SO BAD for SO LONG in the secondary; I am anxious to see how Jrob addresses it. I know the band aide low level guys he brought in last year were a BIG disappointment. I want to see a long term solution FINALLY in the secondary. One we will not be ashamed of on a daily basis. I know that no one is perfect & we will see some bad plays. I am just hoping we get some one capable of covering WRs. It's been a LONG time since we had THAT GUY......

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Revis got burned all last year on go routes. He broke down like Nick harper did on us.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

I agree it was a bad year. He's also not the "star" I'm looking for but I do think he has something left to offer and the possibility of a bounce back year could very well be worth the risk. Can't be worse than McCain/Blake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar