Titans sign CB Logan Ryan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Unless he was catching them with his back turned to the machine and his hands up, I don't see how that's going to help. He must not know how we play corner around here.

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• Boring Boring x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I've been offline for a bit so don't know if this was covered in this thread, but I think it's new.

The Ryan deal is essentially a 1-year deal with team options after that. Only $2M guaranteed after 2016. Very team-friendly.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

While this is good to see, I'll be very disappointed if Ryan isn't here for the full term of his contract

5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I know some people here and other places have said they're not 100% sold on him, because why would the Pats let him go? Well they are also the team that let Aqib Talib walk for the now paltry sum of $9m/yr, and he's easily a top 3 CB in the NFL.

They aren't perfect, I think Ryan will end up really helping us out. His contract details make him extremely low risk for us too, but I'm hoping we're extending him out even further after 2 years!

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

we'll have to see how we handle Matthews, if we're extending him after next year then I could see Ryan getting another deal before his current one runs out

the only certainty with JR is he likes to front load his contracts, which IMO is best, pay players while theyre good and cut them when they show signs theyre wearing down at the end of their contracts

7. Fry

Because they signed the #1 CB in the NFL.

8. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Who was there for a year before he got old. You can't tell me that they wouldn't love to have had Talib over the past few years with the way he's played.

9. Fry

They haven't needed Talib because they went from Revis to Butler. Revis was better and they paid slightly more for it. Butler has been as good and significantly cheaper.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

The point is that NE let's good players get away too.

Denver is more than happy to have Talib, and NE was fine with him leaving. Why can't we do the same? Get Ryan and him play well for us when NE has moved on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar