Titans sign Eric Weems

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I too was hoping for patterson, he could have also added something on offense as well. Fine and glad that we are upgrading special teams but there are major needs on defense and at wr

2. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

Patterson is not a J-Rob kind of guy. The guy sucks in the passing game but still whines for the ball.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

12 total special teams tackles ranked fifth in the league

"Paying particular attention to special teams in the first 24 hours of free agency, the Titans have signed former Falcon Eric Weems, following Thursday’s signings of Brendan Trawick and Daren Bates. Weems played only 20 offensive snaps in 2016, but saw extensive work as a returner and on kickoff and punt coverage teams (he made PFF’s list of the best special-teamers of 2016). Marc Mariani, Tennessee’s leading returner last season, is a free agent, so Weems fills an obvious need, and collectively the Titans ranked 18th in special teams grading. Weems has graded positively in every season of his career as a special-teamer. — Harley Sherman, @PFF_Harley"

Trawick was also on the list of best special teamers,

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

Another good depth/st signing.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I just don't get it...from a pure numbers perspective we have now signed 3 guys that take up roster spots as Special Teamers without any possibility of being backups or depth at DB and WR.

this is like signing multiple kickers or long snappers, literally they have zero other purpose. WTF.

6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Weems will be like WR6. Takes Mariani's.

Trawick has Staffords spot, played some safety for the Raiders down the line. Looked decent doing it supposedly.

Daren Bates I don't know if he can play defense or not lol

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I swear if one more person justifies a signing by quoting PFF, I'm going to lose my ****.

Those rankings are ass. The only reason they are brought up is because they are the only organization that does them.

8. meekmode

meekmode Starter

it's still a more reliable source of information than listening to a titans fan that watched a few youtube videos.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Weems played in 16 games last year and had 17 KRs. Played in 16 games in 2015 and returned 15 KRs. 43 combined punt returns in those two years.

Awesome.

10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

But..but...he's a JRob kind of guy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar