Titans sign Fowler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

There were a few teams interested in Fowler. I heard his name on Sirius for several days, so we were not alone in thinking this guy could step up. What puzzled me more was not giving Buckwoldt some kind of qualifying offer. I believe the difference is Buckwoldt is more stuited to the outside, but thinkingif we gave him some kind of offer, he could have been retained for less, which I think we should have done (unless they think Nande will take a step up) considering our depth is Buckwoldt, Reynolds, Nande, Toone and Amato -- and Buckwoldt actually has a lot of starting experience for a depth player.

Anyway, I think it was totally retarded that they misquoted who he signed with and let it ride all the way until Monday.

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Fowler Signs Offer Sheet

SUMMARY: Dallas Cowboys’ restricted free agent MLB Ryan Fowler signed an offer sheet from the Titans which was reported to be a four-year deal for $11.5 million. Contrary to earlier reports, Fowler did not sign an offer sheet from the Philadelphia Eagles, said Fowler’s agent Alan Herman. Dallas has one week to match the offer but it's not expected they will. Fowler excelled on special teams for Dallas and is expected to compete with Stephen Tulloch for the starting MLB job.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

doesn't it seem that it'd be easier to step into rotation in a 3-4 ?

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Bradi James is one of the tackle leaders of the Boys, and they signed Ayodele to a big contract last off season. He would have had to unass some stiff competiton. Plus they drafted Burnett and Carpenter early the last 2 years.

I like this signing (but I'd like to know a little more about the dollar amounts). Let the best man won between him and Tulloch.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Exactly

We wasted 11.5 mill on a bum, dont even act happy about signing someone, cuz its a joke, I mean really, hes going to CONTEND for a starting spot against Tulluch, I mean Tulluch has upside, but if youre contending with him, youre not lookin to good.

And dont give me the veteran crap either, hes a scrub

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Dallas is ultra-loaded at the LB position. They have like 10 guys there, and yeah, they signed Carpenter, who has yet to even play. Some guys don't like to play the 3-4, even if they're suited for it on paper. I doubt he's getting the average of that contract in the first year. Dude is going to have to show us something first. I'm fine with this signing. It means we don't have to hope someone like Zack Thomas gets cut and we can sign him for a year or two.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

yeah I agree but you need depth especially for a 3-4.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

As long as he proves he's worth the money we paid him(chances are he won't) then I'll be happy. At the least he can sweat Tulloch for his starting job.

9. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

maybe we'll have a new package with Bulluck and Thornton at OLBs and Tulloch and Fowler as the ILBs..a 3-4 look

10. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

The guy has only been in the league 3 years(this will be his 4th), played 2 games his rookie season with 1 tackle and only produced 48 tackles in 30 games. HAHA and Tulloch OUR ROOKIE! produced 47 tackles in his first season... this is pretty much just to get our names on the FA board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar