Titans sign Fowler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We needed the depth...!

Before the free agent period the titans had only 4 LBs under contract as far as i know. Tulluch, bulluck, thornton and nande. They signed woods mainly for special teams but he can play outside but we had little reliable depth. Fowler gives us that not only inside but in a pinch they can play him at the SAM spot.

What if he beats out tulluch for ILB? Upgrade right? We needed some help and maybe they over paid a little for it but he's a nice guy to have.. Good pickup i think he will be solid for us.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

maybe we can get rid of that useless Ohio State LB who has been polluting the roster for years now. I would be happier if Fowler was moved to S and the useless Ohio State Safety was released.

Purge the Titans of useless Ohio State scrubs should be the motto heading into voluntary workouts.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My bad..

GoT mentioned reynolds and yes he was tendered as a rfa for 850K. Why? And we also have toone under contract.

I'm also wondering why reynolds was tendered. He had plenty of time here to develop and get better and he didn't but if we release him before 6/1 we save that 850K in cap money and my guess is that GoT is right and we will do just that.

We were holding on to reynolds only because he was the only backup mlb we had.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Reynolds showed some promise against the run in goal line / short yardage although I would have not bothered keeping him.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He is a long snapper as well.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Donnie Nickey?

7. They only keep Reynolds around to threaten Jim Sorgi...

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

You mean the Maytag man?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar