Titans Sixth-Round Draft Pick (#190): Oklahoma State FS Markelle Martin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I thought Dareus was overrated and went too high in the draft but I do think he was 1st round material but should have gone later in the round. 5.5 sacks as a rookie at DT is pretty damn good. The league leaders (Smith, Kelly and Atkins) had 7.5 (note Klug had 7 sacks).

On the other hand Casey should have been a 2nd round pick and we got a steal in the 3rd. Not sure Casey is better than Dareus or going to be better but they might be comparable players. Casey had 2.5 sacks but often wasn't even on the field in passing situations.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You can lie to me... but you can't lie to yourself.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Dareus sucks, I watched quite a few Bills games for some reason, and he's invisible 90% of the time.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The position he plays isn't exactly the most visible. Some of the best DTs rarely make sacks or impact plays, but that doesn't mean they aren't extremely valuable.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If you combine rookie production with potential, I think you are going to find most people are going to put him in the top 10.

I like Casey a lot and liked him from the beginning, but that doesn't change anything about Dareus.

6. Deuce Wayne

It changes that he shouldn't have been a first round pick.

But again, the guy was invisible his entire collegiate career. Expecting that to change now would be silly.

He had one good play in a championship game and got drafted because of it.

National spotlight is a powerful thing.

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

By that logic Tracy Porter should have been the biggest FA this offseason. It's not as simple as you may think Deuce.

8. Deuce Wayne

Sure it is. The guy may merely be "solid"... which is fine. If he's a 3rd round pick.

You get get guys like Casey (better than Darius) in the 3rd... so taking Darius in round 1 is an absolute joke. He's no Brandon Thompson, and what rd did he go in?

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think the only thing that it shows is that you really don't follow football because you hadn't heard of Dareus until the NC game...

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Anybody think this guy has a chance of being better than Griffin or Babs? I don't watch college much and see our safety position as a question mark. There's bound to be injuries at some point through out the year and I'm wondering if we could have another rookie step up like McCarthy/Casey/Klug/Ayers did last year.

I believe I heard another poster suggest that we're drafting based on packages and I believe that he's likely correct. Zach Brown will likely get a shot as a coverage linebacker and Sensabaugh might be given a shot in the slot. Both players have the speed to recover which could mean more break ups and INT's by playing man coverage.

I'd love to see this team start to man up on teams with help over top. It makes the zone much more effective and if we get good jams on blitzes we can greatly improve our sack numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar