Titans Start Out of the Gate Fast in 34-13 Win Over Rams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think Chris Johnson put some things to rest with the Rams game. I was very impressed with the first string defense...I thought they played excellent, truly an elite unit.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I didn't take anything from the passing game because we didn't do much of it so not much you can say.

The run game looked excellent. White needed to get that 4 down conversion but oh well.

Defensive line looked even better. Hopefully Kearse can play like that all year and I liked what I saw from Jason Jones. If he can improve I would like him to start over Brown.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I might get burned by Texxan and Overalls(even Titans fans) but I think Mike Munchak is the best OL coach in the NFL. Just not for last night but what he's done overall.

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i don't have a lot of faith in VY or the receivers right now.

ganther > henry

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^I definitely agree with that. Ganther is a solid player. He runs perfectly. Doesn't bolt in to traffic, but stays patient and cuts to every opening to gain yards. Henry ran in to his own players again last night on several different occasion. I understand it's going to happen, but it happens way too much with him.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I can't believe I'm almost taking up for Schwartz, but I doubt there was much "scheming" going on. It was basically - line up, get a man, play a zone, cool? Go.

And our DBs are better, but our #1 and #2 DBs werent on the field. And I didn't see Hope at all, though I showed up a bit late.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hope played 1-2 possessions.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Chris Henry better pack his stuff.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I think/hope you're right. And, I hope they trade him instead of releasing him.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

right now I would say the worse group on this team are the receivers still If I'm Vince I would be pissed that they keep giving him rejects and expect him to work miracles. I only watched the first half of the game so I can't really vouch for what collins did with the receivers but Vince only threw the ball 6 times 4 were to the TE and one was a deep pass to a receivers but that one pass pissed me off cause Vince lead him perfectly and the receiver slows up and short arms the pass. I hope Vince got all over his *** for that cause that should have been a huge gain instead it fall as an incomplete pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar