Titans start the 2012 season 0-2.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

teams evolve as the season progresses. Just cause we lost week-1 doesn't mean we can't beat good teams later in the year.

2. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

First of all, we have some damn good players on offense. Secondly, who do you blame your assertion on? The GM, HC and Owner right?

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If Brady and Co wasn't good enough practice, then I don't know what is.

I can at least be happy about getting NE out the way. It goes down hill from here :)

4. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

You, sir, are in denial. Who comes out and blatantly says we have transitioned to a pass-first offense and continues to run first with an effective QB and a lackluster run game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Ehh we can take the Texans IMO. Sure they put up 30 pts on Miami, but that was MIAMI. Britt should be healthy with a few games under his belt to get in the swing of things, and I think our O will find its footing over the next few weeks. Just in time to make the Texans game a good one.

But really the 2-2 was me thinking that we beat the Lions, and then a 50-50 shot against Chargers and Texans. I think we beat 1 but not both. I was just saying if we were 0-2 I wouldn't be surprised, and that is what I originally thought. I won't start jumping ship if we do go 0-2 either like some people seem to be doing after losing this last game. LOL "Oh no, we lost in week 1 against the ACF champs ... FIRE EVERYONE!!!" haha

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I blame it on being like 75% of all the other teams in the NFL who wont do good this year. THey have holes, holes that need to be fixed.

Yesterday we were missing Marks (a big part of our rush during the preseason) and McCarthy went down. Thats 2 very important parts. Lets not forget that a pass rush is needed to beat a team like the Pats. And safeties that dont suck as well.

And stopping a good offense requires a defense, not an offense, however I see what you were trying to say. I blame the Oline, CJ, and Palmer for not figuring out that the zone blocking scheme is NOT going to be effective for the players we have unless they somehow put it all together, very fast.

Sorry, nothing will tell me we have the best of anything or very good of anything until we prove it. Locker is unproven. Britt cant stay healthy or out of trouble. Washington will HOPEFULLY repeat last season. Wright has played 1 nfl regular season game.

My assertion comes from knowing our team and not pretending like we are something that we have not proven we can be. Lots of teams have "talent" but dont produce on the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

To be fair, it was Locker's 1st start. Nobody really knew how much of a "pass first" team we could be week 1. I think we do transition into it though as Locker proves he can handle it (which he made a good case for it sunday IMO)

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Yea and then we'll have about the 19th or 20th pick in the draft and have to go through the whole thing " 20th pick" thing all over again. 'd almost want us to be worse just to get away from that.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

The Chargers looked NOTHING like the Patriots. NOTHING. 5 field goals? Inbelievable field position and only 1 TD?

The Chargers are a mess. Have been and always will be inder Norv Turner.

Having said that I dont know what will happen this week. But the Titans have a much better chance at a win in San Diego than against the Pats.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who said that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar