Titans steal the #1 biggest defensive play(s) of 2006-07 season.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sukrillux, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I agree also. I am not much of a Gator or Buckeye fan, but it was pretty funny how all the talk was like "Will Florida even have a chance to make it a game?" and stuff. After the first couple of seconds of the game, I remember laughing so hard. Maybe Tennessee will make it this next year... That would be cool.

As for the ranking thing. Rankings mean a lot... as a whole. You can't just pull out one ranking and determine a team's chances. Like Ryan said, a team could have a terrible defense, but they may be good at forcing turnovers. Well, that's a part of the defensive rankings. Take the overall defensive rankings and overall offensive rankings and then you are pretty close to determining a team's chances.

2. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i wouldnt completely come out and say that i "know" that our d is going to suck this year the season hasn't even started yet and the draft is still to come so just because schwarts is a complete and total idiot and has no intelligence on any aspects of the game, doesnt particularly mean that our defense will still be terrible

3. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

if the titans had julius peppers...

4. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

The Titans were 4th worst in Sacks and middle of the pack in INTs despite being on the field more than any team in the league.

And look what Indy did in the playoffs... 2nd best rushing D in the NFL in the playoffs - totally shut down LJ as well.

#32 ranked overall defense won't even get you in the playoffs though

5. i also think that the defence wanted to do it for manning cause hes under so much pressure because of how hes never able to do it in the payoffs

6. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

First, The Colts lost every game when they played like the worse rushing team in the league so what's your point? The team that won the superbowl was a very good defensive team. I guess their coaches earned their paychecks. Just a testament that you can change the way a players(s) play.

Second, Schwartz may be the only DC that I know that supports that theory. I mean if his intent was to let the Jaguars do whatever the hell they wanted to do on offense and make a few plays then hats off, mission accomplished. If that's his gameplan then he also failed in a sense because the defense didn't do that every week. Personally, when I hear defensive players, coaches, great minds etc. talk about execution, playing great, keys to success it usually involves things like stopping the run, going 3 and out, getting off the field, etc. Maybe it's just the people I listen to on ESPN and post game interviews.

just my two cents

7. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

He would just be on the field in the wrong position to make to play. The other team's OC would find a way render him useless, aka he would coach.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not trying to be a smartass are we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar