Titans @ Steelers OGT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Corners played seven yards off the LOS on a blitz. Surprise that they hit Holmes with a slant?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Bring on the Texans!!

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Fall to Pittsburgh in OT 13-10

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans opened the regular season with a 13-10 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in overtime. Missed opportunities was the theme for the Titans when kicker Rob Bironas was wide right a 37-yard attempt and later had a 31-yard field goal blocked. The Steelers tied the score with less than a minute left in regulation and won the coin toss in overtime. They then drove the football 63-yards on 10 plays leading to a 33-yard game-winning field goal by Steelers kicker Jeff Reed. Titans quarterback Kerry Collins went 22-for-35 for 244 yards in the game including one 14-yard touchdown to Justin Gage in the first half. Running back Chris Johnson was the Titans leading rusher with 57 yards on 15 attempts. LenDale White had eight carries for 28 yards. Tight end Bo Scaife went down in the first half with a knee injury on a play in which he made one of the Titans two turnovers in the game. The Titans have their home opener next Sunday at noon when they face the Houston Texans.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

4. titans/skers

titans/skers Starter

Well that sucked. Thought for sure when polamalu left we would win. Instead we lose on fg in ot and I break my stapler after tossing it at the wall.

5. titans/skers

titans/skers Starter

Well that sucked. Thought for sure when polamalu left we would win. Instead we lose on fg in ot and I break my stapler after tossing it at the wall.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Too many missed opportunities. You don't win in Pittsburgh when you miss two FGs and have as many drive-killing penalties as the Titans had tonight.

On a positive, they hung with a top team on their turf. I feel good that the cream will rise to the top over a 16-game season.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

YAY! I managed to get on here!

Whelp... goodnight everyone!

Sigh...

8. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

whats the point of this board?

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm not upset about the game. Hard fought, Coin toss didn't go our way at the end, but we had our breaks for sure in the game.
    Britt played very well.
    Jason Jones proves he should be a starter.
    Finnegan has no business being a punt returner.
    I want Bironas' head on a platter.
    Collins was sharp.
    CJ and LW looked decent.

And I loved the look on Ward's face. I actually am less worried with this loss than I would be as a Steeler fan, without Polamalu for at least 3 weeks, and a TERRIBLE running game. God, they are awful.

We gotta take care of teams in our division, and we'll make it. And I don't think we'll get too many Steeler trolls, it was a mostly respectable, hard fought game.

10. titans/skers

titans/skers Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar