Titans Still Have Hope for Brown's Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alex..

How high a level does a guy have to play to be third string?

When has lendale white and chris henry ever played at a high level? Henry didn't play at a high level in the pac 10.

Brown at least has 2004 on his resume and if you don't think 6 100 yard games and a 4.9ypc average is not high level maybe you don't know what that is..

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I'm sorry, but you guys have to be nuts. Do you all remember that he couldn't make it past half time in most of the games in 2004, not some...MOST. He is a walking bag of potato chips, waiting to get squeezed. He is injury prone beyond reason. I also remember him getting stuffed on 3rd and short on more occassions that I care to. He is not a short yardage back, he can not be depended on to carry the load if one of the other backs goes down (which LW keeps scaring me that he too is injury prone). Signing him would be worth no more than the paper he signs his name on. If we do give him a deal, it better be incentive ladden, like a per carry contract. He get's x amount of dollars per carry, that's it. period. You guys really need to start remembering back when.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

good depth for sure....but he wants starting job...he wouldnt come back for less...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bulluck..

Good point about the fullback. Chris never got to play extensively behind or best 5 o-lineman after piller went down and he didn't play much behind hall either. Brown also didn't have the benefit of playing most of his games with vince who obviously opens up running opportunities because of his threat to get outside.

I think brown wants to come here because the titans are one of the few teams that doesn't have a proven starting back and this is one team where he can move up the depth chart. My gut tells me he will eventually be with the colts..

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He sucks anyway. I would have used my CB jersey to wash my car, but I didn't want it to break down.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

titan fan..

It's not that brown expects to start anywhere but there are teams where he has a better chance to move up the depth chart and the titans are one. There are a few places and indy is one where brown can settle into the #2 job but he can't
    expect more than #3 money. That's all he will get and i'm sure he knows that by now.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What i would offer brown..

One year deal..

Signing bonus-$280,000

Salary vet minimum.-$720,000

Total cap hit $1M

After the year is done the titans will know what to expect in the future from white and henry. RBs don't need time to develop. Brown gives us depth and insurance in the meantime. If a better player can be had for that money or less tell me who that is.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

that deal sounds fair to me, Brown's 2 problems were short yardage and his stinking turf toe. With limited carries the toe can hold up, and just let him be a 1st/2nd down back. He'd be worth that for insurance.

I still think the O-Line and FB can make any back look pretty decent. Henry and Lendale both can be very productive running behind Hall. Biggest questions with rooks are just picking up the blitz and holding on to the ball. Those are my only concerns with LW and CH.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Zell..

I do remember back when. Brown had a season with 1000 yards. He has also had a season with over 300 yards receiving. Chris brown is a better back than jarrett payton, john simon, mike archie, spencer george, mike green and at least as good as ronnie harmon..

10. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

what a waste of time. let the dude go. i dont get it.

and what kind of faith does this show that they have in chris henry? maybe they're using this to motivate henry, but this is a garbage idea on the titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar