Titans Still Need To Make Improvements To WR Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

is kevin curtis still on our roster?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's an awful lot of perfect scenarios to hope for. I'd say, at best, 2 of those 4 things pan out.

I'm tired of waiting around on Cook to be the next Antonio Gates. The guy's entering his 4th season and he has 4 total TDs and barely 1000 receiving yards. If he was going to be special you gotta think he'd have shown us A LOT more by now. He still can't even get his routes right.

And I don't believe CJ will "return to form". I DO think he will be better this year (he kinda only has one direction to go though). But I believe "CJ2K" is dead. I REALLY hope I'm wrong on that though. We have too much invested in the guy to be rooting against him.

I have a feeling Locker sits on the bench another year. Just a gut feeling I have. I think after all the Peyton Manning hoopla Munch will give Hasselbeck every possible opportunity to remain the starter. I think he'd have to be downright AWFUL before Locker takes over.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

That's the thing though, if all 4 of those things pan out then we have one of the most explosive offenses in the league. 3/4 happen? Great offense. 2/4? pretty good. 1/4? Average. 0/4? We have last year!

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We definitely should continue to try to get Locker (or the next QB) legit all star weapons. I don't think we are set at WR for years but we are ok for 2012. I'm certainly not opposed if a player slips that we really like in the draft.

Or trading up for Blackmon even though that damns the d-line. I just think he's legit. And I seriously question if Britt can stay healthy.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I'm with you, I believe Kenny when he says he will be ready for the season. He seems to have settled down a lot this off-season, and I think being forced to stay around BSP all off-season will help him stay in shape for this season, and help him learn what it takes for future years.

And why does it seem that all the people that are so quick to write off KB for having a season ending injury, and don't want to take his word that he will be healthy are the same people that wanted to sign PM after he was out for a year and just take his word that he would be back and healthy?

But back to the topic ... I don't think we should take a WR in the 1st 3 rds. 1st of all, we are still a team that is rebuilding. You don't rebuild around skill positions (except QB). You build around OLine and Dline. We have MAJOR holes at those 2 positions, and as long as we have problems with the lines, it really won't matter who we have at WR/RB because they will never be able to reach their full potential.

Secondly, even if KB goes down, I am fine with the guys we have for 1 more season if it means we sured up the lines. I think Nate can top 1000 yds again, and DW/Cook/Hawk finally got the game reps that a player really needs to develop. They started out shaky last year, but they all finished pretty well, and they will be much better off going into this season. Plus fixing the OLine and DLine will benefit the team much more than bringing in another WR that probably won't even see the field much until midseason

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. pettso

pettso Starter

There aren't very many teams that can afford to lose their top player at a position and not be mediocre at that position. Injuries happen, but you can't go into a season assuming someone's gonna get hurt, especially when you have lots of other, bigger holes to fill (ie. our entire defense).

7. Young54

Young54 Starter

That is a big fat "IF"! I love that guy... but I don't think he falls to us. :sad2:

Double screen pass... CJ to the left, Rainey to the right... who do you cover?? (it works in Madden!)

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Definitely not.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Jim Wyatt says South Carolina receiver Alshon Jeffery is scheduled to visit the #Titans on Friday. Jeffery impressed scouts at his Pro Day Wednesday

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I swear, if we take Alshon with our 1st ima freak. :grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar