Titans still plan to trade or release Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well he certainly played outstanding against Miami with a 60 rating, a td and a int, 50% completions and under 100 yards.

It'll be tough to find a QB that can improve on that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm pretty perplexed by the Dinger moved. I know its prob gonna happen, but until it happens I'll stand on my statement that Young is the best option.

But I know your just wanting things to end Ewker so I understand. Even though we disagree, your not annoying like Creeping Cruds and Alex who just try to pick fights when they get tired of debating.

What do you think are our biggest holes to fill besides QB?

I say SS is our biggest concern. Maybe DE depending on how the offseason goes. We need another run stopping and pass rushing DE like Morgan. Babin was great but he's not so solid against the run. I had high expectations of Hayes but he never really produced like expected.

Will be an interesting offseason.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'd be cool with that. I think drafting a SS who can cover will give us more options on defense though. If we can effectively blitz and play man coverage with no help over the top we could improve our chances of getting off the field on 3rd down. I'd like to get a SS who can matchup with a WR and stay with em.

I'd like to improve our push in the middle too though, but I think we definetely have to start blitzing if we want to be an effective defense. We're small but have a lot of speed.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Says the most redundant, annoying GoTitans poster of 2011. Keep making it personal and you'll keep getting personal retorts.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

So...

With the Dinger firing do you think it was in regards to the whole Fisher situation? It seemed him and Fisher were pretty close.

It seems like we're getting an entirely new organization which I'm excited about.

The QB situation will be pretty exciting to follow.

Kolb, McNabb, Orton?? Possibly Young being brought back since we've got a new organization...

The fun begins!

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you view the world through a peephole in the crotch of your favorite VY poster I could see how you might draw that conclusion..

Yup, that's what is going to happen. Vince is coming back.. bwahahahaha!

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

And again I'm sure you read this... Munchak made it clear VY would not be returning.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

So VY is still our best option at QB.

Other options include Orton, Kolb, or Volek.

I'd say keep VY since we've got an entirely new offensive staff coming in. Unless Munchak and VY had beef, I'm all for bringing him back.

Whether it will happen or not is TBD...

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Fixed

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Vince has been dealt with."-- Mike Munchak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar