Titans Superbowl 42?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

We made massive strides this year, no doubt about it. And VY is already one of the best playmakers in the league, do you think with him around, we have a shot at the superbowl? And do we have that shot without pacman?

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I definately think we'll make the playoffs, possibly as a division champ, and as the Steelers proved last year, once you're there anything can happen

3. i dont think that we will make the superbowl, but we definately will make the playoffs

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think we're quite there yet to make it all the way to the super bowl, but I think we'll make the playoffs.

5. Morph

Morph Revolution

Well, I'm definitely not going to count the Superbowl out because I think if we make the right choices in the draft and free agency then we will have a good shot this year. Sure a lot of things would have to fall into place, but it's possible. Like the post above though, we should be one of the top playoff contenders assuming we don't make it all the way this year.

GO TITANS! ;)

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Funny you use the word shot. But yeah, superbowl w or without.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I like the enthusiasm on this thread, however to be realistic, reaching the playoffs and superbowl requires more than just having VY on the roster. It might be true that Travis Henry has overachieved last season and played his heart out, however can anyone really guarantee that we can expect the same performance from our RBs again in 07.
    As of yet, we don't have a starting #1 WR who we can enter the season with confidently, and there are no guarantess that we will draft Ginn or if he has even received the nod by our drafting officials. He's simply a player who many fans think highly off and would like him to be a part of our roster to address the lack of performance of our WRs in 06. As much as we know, fisher could be planning to throw in our backups to give them a shot at the #1 position and might be looking to use our #1 pick to draft a defensive player. Superbowl teams usually have atleast 2 or 3 weapons on Offense, and we only have one guaranteed superstar, who could at any time face the risk of being injured in VY.
    Our defense continued to struggle in 06 dispite the talent we had on there, and now we're at risk of losing pacman who was indeed the best CB/returned we have had in years. And despite him being part of the roster, we still ended the season with a defense rated worst in the league. Even if he remains part of the roster, and we trade for another solid CB, and we bench LT, would that be enough to guarantee that our Defense would drop from being the worst in the league to one of the best? I think we need a DC change before we start bringing in new players to our Defense.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

At this point, the Titans may be without their #1 RB, #1, #3 WRs and their #1 CB. If the Titan can't keep a few of these players and upgrade many of their glaring holes, a playoff run is optimistic.

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Here's why I think we'll make the playoffs, we lost two games this season by one point (@Indy and Baltimore) with all else being the same just winning one of those games would have put us in the playoffs at 9-7 and winning both would have given us a 10-6 and the sixth seed just missing out on the division by one game (if the Colts had lost that game against us they would have finished 11-5) and missing the fifth seed due to the tiebreaker against the Jets. We also lost a game early to the Dolphins by a field goal after leading most of the game, again had we won that game but everything else stayed the same we would have been in the playoffs, had we won all three of those we would have finished tied with the Colts at 11-5 but holding the tiebreaker due to sweeping the series against them and we would have had the fourth seed. The point I'm trying to make is that we were so close to making the playoffs this year and not too far from winning the division. We led through most of all of those three games, as long as we don't lose those games next season I see no reason we won't make the playoffs. And to say we won't improve with the amount of money we have to spend if FA just seems rediculous to me.

10. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

VY is great, but the defense is monumentally bad. Look at the stats!

It's simply horrible. And with Pacman probably either being suspended or released, it's not getting any better.

This season will be a building year for the D and a learning year for VY. Hopefully Chow and Fisher are still around the year after this for a serious playoff run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar