Titans Take Down Texans in OT 26-20

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Glad you noticed.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Bulluck certainly doesn't need replacing. We need a solid MLB to stop the run, that's not Bulluck's area. We're able to stop the movement to the outside, Bulluck and Thornton are sideline to sideline guys. I totally agree that getting a solid MLB would be worth it, but don't blame our problems on Keith. That guy is a hard worker, a leader, and a damn good LB. He also isn't that old and hasn't shown signs of slowing down. He hasn't had to recover from a major injury, and there's no reason he doesn't have four or five good years left. He's probably our most likely chance for a pro bowler too.

Maybe what you mean to say is that he isn't a Middle linebacker. You and Critical Theory. But he doesn't play that position.

3. GoTitans3801

High ankles can be bad news. Hope it calms down and we get him back. He's had a good year, it would be a shame if he missed 1000 yards.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Linebackers have to slide and fill wherever they are needed. It's not JUST the job of the MLB to stop runs. Normally the TE is blocking down on the OLB, and the fullback is blocking the MLB, so the other OLB has to come up and stuff. Bulluck acts like he wants no part in that, with the bigger backs like Jacobs and Dayne.

5. GoTitans3801

"Acts like he wants no part in that."

That's pretty vague, and I'd bet overstated. Bulluck is certainly not someone I'd say who's playing with a lack of heart. He's one of our biggest motivators, and I can't say I remember seeing him EVER taking plays off. I agree, his strength isn't stuffing the run up the middle. He's a big, fast, OLB, and his best work is in pressure and coverage. I think we'd see vast improvement if other teams had to worry a little more about our DTs and MLB. We have good depth at DT, but no one really making a difference except for the few plays/games when Albert decides to really show up.

I just think he's one of the few who shouldn't be to blame. Every time we have a run play I see LT come running in 20 seconds late, touch the guy who everyone else tackled, and then jump up and clap his hands. In terms of priorities for Free Agency and the draft, OLB is not a big need.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It's not "vague" at all. He made no attempt to stop Jacobs twice at the goal line in the Giants game...more than a few people noticed it. Yesterday he was standing beside Tulloch, and while Tullock stuck his head in and tried to stop Dayne, he just stood there and never moved. Watch the replay of the entire drive where Dayne gashed us.

7. GoTitans3801

I can't really respond to the specific claims. I'm planning on watching the replay, I'll try to get back to you on what I see. But I still maintain that he's a great player that we need, and that OLB is not an area of need, or at least not a high-priority one.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Hate to break it to you Aday, but bennet and givens are not considered quality WRs.

I hate to disagree with you there GT, but we 're not too set on QB either.. Imagine we're blessed with another miracle and make the playoffs this year; and imagine (god forbid) VY gets injured during the wildcard game, i doubt KFC will lead us to the SuperBowl. We need a top-notch QB to backup Vince.

I agree Bulluck and Thornton are solid LBs..

What about RB. I believe we pretty much have that position set with 3 talented players?

9. GoTitans3801

I'd agree, backup QB is a weakness at the moment. It will be interesting to see who we put there for next year. Also, if Collins stays to continue tutoring Vince. It's good to have a vet back there.

RB isn't set for next year. Henry is due a major bonus which will have to be reworked to keep him, plus 1 drug test and he's gone for the year. Brown is most likely gone, and White hasn't shown much yet.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Unfortunately our current RBs only play well when they get a handful of carries per game. We lack that 'every play' RB like we used to have in Eddie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar