Titans talent level...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Come on, Joseph Addai as #2? It's the Colts offense that has a major contributing factor.

Just look at Edge...

2005 in Indi's scheme - 4th
    2006 in ARI scheme - 45th

Shawn Alexander ranked ~30? WTF? LOL

Those DVOA stats are pure garbage IMO!

2. Also consider that among the non-1000 yard (so far) backs are Shaun Alexander, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ronnie Brown, Willis McGahee, Corey Dillon, Lawrence Maroney, and Reggie Bush (who is only part RB, but is listed there). I'm not sure I'd list Henry as better than most of them.

And the fact that DeAngelo Williams isn't the starter in Carolina boggles the mind. This kid is going to be a stud. I'd take him over Henry, too...

3. Like I said, I don't buy the all-stats view, but Henry is still only ranked 30th. Alexander has missed 6 games this year, which is his excuse. Henry started all but 3. And Addai has certainly been helped by their offense, but he has been damned good running the ball

4. For what it's worth, my issue with Henry's ranking isn't simply an issue of his yardage. He has struggled badly against good run defenses (he did well against Baltimore, but that was minus Ray Lewis). We've faced a lot of bad ones and that's where he has been so dominant (Indy twice, Houston twice, Buffalo, Philly, Washington without both DTs).

He's a solid starting back. He has had an excellent year, I don't want to take that away from him. But he's just an average back in this league. To say he is anything better than average is just insane to me. It's not too hard to find a guy just as good as him. They don't grow on trees, but it's not that tough.

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Henry is above average SK... You don't average > 4.5 ypc being an average back in the NFL. He's 9th in the NFL in avg of RBs over 200 carries. That would qualify as above average. You add his totals over a 16 game season, and we are talking 1500 yards and 10 tds... How can that be considered average?

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You saw what bigger backs can do to us today. Henry isn't going to run over anyone.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

That's all Henry has done all year is run over people? Are you on drugs?

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

100 yards on like 20 carries, yeah I kno what you mean, what is he doing in the NFL:suspect: :rolleyes:

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

seriously man, c'mon. that might be the dumbest thing you've said, and that's pretty dumb.

10. No, he's simply not. And so what if he's 9th in ypc. Are you suggesting he's better than Larry Johnson? Clinton Portis? Steven Jackson? Shaun Alexander?

Henry had a pretty good day today. He had an excellent year. But he's not a great RB. And if you aren't a great RB in this league, then you are an average starter. There are just too many better RBs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar