Titans Talking With Redskins About Haynesworth Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I figured this deserves its own thread. It sounds like this is legit and may actually happen this time. Chris Mortensen is reporting that the Titans and Redskins are currently discussing a possible trade for Albert Haynesworth.

If this happens, it has to be considered a huge win for the Titans. I imagine they will have to give up next to nothing to get Haynesworth. Plus, the bulk of his salary has already been paid by the Redskins.

I avoided talking about this before because I didn't believe it would actually happen. Now that it seems like it's a real possibility, I'll allow myself to geek out a bit. Think of how ridiculous the D-line could be with Jason Jones lining up next to Albert Haynesworth (even an Albert who is only 75% of what he once was... since I think most of us agree he will never return to his 2008 form).

2. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I have a hard time believing it'll happen this late. But if it does, awesome.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Holy Crap if that Happens: Jason Jones, Albert and Tony Brown.

4. jessestylex

as long as we dont ship out any of our current players, i'd be ok with Albert coming back.. cause if he sucks we still have the guys that we got now.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

is this a similar scenario like when the Lions were in talks with Barry Sanders after he left ?

6. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

The Titans definitely would welcome back Haynesworth, a team source said, but maintained that the Redskins' asking price was still too high. The Redskins are believed to want at least two draft picks for Haynesworth.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5542035

If the skins still aren't willing to lower the asking price at this point, it ain't gonna happen.

7. jessestylex

i wouldnt buy much into what you read about money etc... only the 2 teams know whats going on. i really think the Skins just want to get away from Albert. the BS has gone on all summer and it's not worth keeping him on the team imo.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think the Skins have finally reached the point where they have to cut ties with Haynesworth. The team's relationship with him has basically deteriorated to nothing at this point. The team spent the weekend basically bashing him and saying that he won't play for them.

If the Titans can negotiate down to something like a conditional 5th rounder (that rises to a 4 or even a 3 if certain conditions are met), then I think they need to do the deal. It might even be possible to get Albert for less than that.

On the other hand, two draft picks is too much to give up (unless it's a 6th and a 7th or something like that).

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Do you think Haynesworth would automatically lose his lazyness if he came back to the Titans? I guess if we're willing to have a player that only gives 75% about 50% of the time, then bring him back. Al hasn't changed one bit, he's a great player, when he wants to play, otherwise......

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

nnnnooooooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar