Titans Tender Six Players

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pjames32, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. But no team is that dumb. The Titans just didn't want to let him go for nothing, so they had to tender him him $4.9M.

I think they'll trade him, personally. They can't get a 1st for him, but he may be worth a 3rd or 4th rounder in trade value.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

why not just tender him as a 3rd if your going to trade him for that anyway?

Ball and Vickerson should be tendered as 3rd or later I mean they aren't doing much except depth but I would take a 3rd round pick over depth.

3. First of all, there's no such thing as a 3rd round tender...

Secondly, Scaife gets the same money whether it's a 1st round tender or a 6th round tender (his original round). That's why they went with a 1st.

As for Ball and Vickerson, like I said, the next cheapest tender than 2nd round compensation is a 5th (Ball) and a 7th (Vickerson). Those are too low.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

See I'm not very knowledgeable on how tenders work and knowing there is no such thing as a 3rd round tender clears things up.

5. It was even worse in the days before a 2nd round tender was an option...

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

This is great news - why are you people always so mad.

Take the bad with the good. People here (def myself included) are always arguing about how 'we are so cheap' and never keep our talent. For once, the titans have at least made a SOLID effort to keep some starters and excellent situational players - and even if we dont we get some serious picks.

Tony Brown - just read an article on Tenn.com, i honestly don't think they'll let him go meaning the titans might be forced to not be cheap or we might have huge problems on the line (DTs are a slower developing position via the draft). The agent says they are getting close...all good news.

Tully - EXCELLENT, id have nothing less to be honest. Sure it would suck to see him leave, but there is plenty of good lbs to be found in this draft. However, it is for that exact reason i dont see some team giving us a first rounder for a more seasoned LB. They just want to make sure he can handle probably becoming our lead backer.

Scaife - Why do people want him out so bad. I mean your right he is expensive - THERE IS NO F'IN CAP and its a one year deal. KEEP THE TEXAS CONNECTION, who knows when Young might need a crutch. I love the Crump, but in all honesty, as good as he was a blocker, i have better memories of him dropping easy/important catches. Scaife is not the blocker Crump is, but a much better receiver and still can block well. Scaife/Cook/Stevens sounds like a possible upgrade if you ask me. And now for the bad side, if he leaves, OH WAIT, we get a FIRST ROUNDER, THERE IS NO BAD SIDE (note - Bud'll pay anything to keep Vince happy.)

LenDale - i really dont think he wants to be here, so im hoping he can convince some team he is the 'real deal.' Im hoping that a certain California based team in bad need of a RB comes calling (...Chargers). That would be a great way to get our second back, plus i think Ringer is ready for our ground and pound duties - An we get a middle/late round back for depth with all those supplement picks coming our way.

Vickerson - For some reason, i just keep seeing articles pop up all over places, talking about gap DTs and he fits that bill, hopefully some team will want him. But again either way, he has been a good space eater for us and spells Brown well and is cheap to keep to boot (not that the latter mattes).

Ball - quick and short, this was a good call, i know we are going to draft a DE high, and with KVB/Kearse probably leaving, i hate when you have to thrust Rooks in the starting line. Like DT, DE is usually a position that needs some time. With the amount they are paying him, he is to be considered depth - i'll take a former consensus All-American backup. An ESPN article says we might go after Aaron, id be very happy with that (At End - Aaron; Ford - im hoping for big things, 1st round DE, Hayes, and Ball sounds good to me.)

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Casey Hampton got a 3-year $21 Million deal with Pittsburgh. Is this the kind of money that Tony Brown is gonna want?

8. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: As expected, the Tennessee Titans have tendered a number of key restricted free agents including Bo Scaife, Tony Brown, LenDale White, Stephen Tulloch, Kevin Vickerson and Dave Ball. Scaife's first-round tender will cost the team $4.9 million in 2010 due to the TE being franchised last season. Brown's first-round tender will be $2.621 million this year though the Titans continue to negotiate for a long-term contract. Tulloch has been given the first-round tender as well and is scheduled to make $2.521 million in 2010. White, Vickerson and Ball were tendered at the second-round level, meaning they will earn $1.809 million next season. Other teams can sign restricted players to offer sheets, but the Titans will have an opportunity to match those contact offers to retain the players or get compensation in return.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Thread Title in the Equirer: Titans call 6 players soft.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

a 1 for a middle of the pack TE.. I don't see it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar