Titans @ Texans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Something I am really suprised we haven't seen yet. I've been looking to see him take off for the endzone the few times we've been in the redzone this season.

2. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I do not see the Titans offense scoring many points tomorrow. The Texans are going to send the house against Locker and CJ will be ineffective again. On the other hand, I think the Texans will have little trouble moving the ball if Gray decides to play his two deep zone for most of the game, like last week.

My prediction:

Titans 10
    Texans: 34

3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

I think they played deep last week because the Lions weren't able to run effectively this season so they tried to take away the deep ball. This week the safeties will be up because the. Texans are more of a running team they will run blitz ( hopefully) and if they stay disciplined on play action the defense will be ok. The key is which Griffin shows up if Ole shows up then it will get out of hand if the Playmaker shows up the Titans win a close brutal game.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

That's what I am afraid of too Rodgev, if the Titans can even keep the game close will the they shoot themselves in the foot and screw it up because they can't handle the moment? Most likely it will be physical from the get go but when they start getting tired and the game is closing, that is when they do really stupid stuff.

On a side note: I just remembered that since the game is in Houston, Bud Adams will be in attendance. Think he will have a mental meltdown if we get trounced by 20-30 points in Houston?

5. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

This game is going to be nasty imo.

6. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Outside of the Texans tanking and playing the worst game of the season we have no shot to win. Our d is too soft and our offense won't be able to keep up with all the points our d will be giving up. Unless the Texans come out super flat and foster trips at the line of scrimmage and schaub over throws Johnson all day long. Then maybe just maybe we could win.

7. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Way I see for the Titans to remain in this game and have a shot to win:
    1 - No double move early. The Texans are going to bring pressure early and hard. Locker isn't going to be able to stand in the pocket and wait on Washington to get open deep. He had to hit Wright on some slants and CJ on some screen and let them create yards after the catch. If Locker can burn them with a few 4 yard passes and force them to keep 3 of them LBs home, then it is going to open rush lanes and give us a chance at the big plays.

2 - Special teams. We can't expect the special teams to score 14 points for us every week. However, they can't let us start inside the 15. If they can set us up on the other side of the 30 often, then we can get 1 first down and pin the Texans inside the 10. We can win a game of field position, so long as we start out on the right side. This will limit their option and give our D a chance to put some pressure in their backfield.

3 - Play fearless. AJ, Arian, Walters, Daniels ... they are going to have some big plays, they just have too many people on their offense. We can't be afraid of their big plays. We need to match their pace early. We don't need to play scared and force them into 8 minute drives, I don't think. If it's a jump ball for a TD or INT and it is a 1 possession score in either direction, then take the chances and live with the results.

4 - Pre-snap motion. The motion will give Locker an idea of which side of the LB corp is applying the pressure. He can't go into a 3-man dline blind, or it'll be Week 1 vs Pats all over again. We don't have to break down the designed structure of the play to get this done. Simply line the slot guy/TE up on the wrong side of the formation to begin with and motion them to the correct side pre-snap.

5 - Pressure by the D. If you rush 4 and drop 7, then Shuab is going to sit in the pocket 6 seconds a down and pick you apart all day. If you give up a big play, that's OK. Trust your safeties and put Shuab in the dirt with LBs.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The will to win will determine the winner.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Quick look at the series history:
    - Titan lead 14-6 (7-3 in Nashville, 7-3 in Houston)
    - Titan have outscored Texans 448-409
    - Titans and Texans have split the last 6 games 3-3
    - Titans won the last meeting 23-22, no team has won back-to-back games in the series since Texans won on 12/14/08 and 9/20/09
    - A win would give Locker a .500 record as a start, a loss would give Munch a .500 record as a coach
    - Bironas has made a FG in 13 straight games (3rd longest in franchise history, trailing 2 of his own previous streaks of 19 and 20
    - CJ can record his 29th 100 yard game
    - Locker can record his first career back-to-back 300 yard game streak
    - If Nate gets a catch, it will be 66 straight games with a receptions (goes back to his days as a Steeler)
    - If Nate gets 100 yards, it will be the first time he has ever had back-to-back 100 yard recieving games
    - Texans enter with a top 10 offense and top 10 defense, while the Titans enter with a bottom 10 offense and bottom 10 defense

Chris Johnson looking for history:
    - Currently #23 in rush yards through 5 seasons (5,690)
    - Needs 82 yards to take over Willie Andrews at #22
    - Needs 482 yards to take over Edge at #20
    - Needs 626 yards to take over Thurman Thomas at #15
    - Needs 934 yards to take over Terrell Davis at #10
    - Needs 1236 to take over Walter Payton at #5
    - Currently #12 in rush yards amoung active players

Wright looking for history:
    - Currently #37 in franchise history for rookie recieving yards (102)
    - Currently #34 in franchise history for rookie receptions (14)

Locker looking for history:
    - Currently #17 in franchise history for passing yards (1,323)
    - Currently #15 in franchise history for pass TDs

10. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

We can only win with our offense. Munch and Palmer
    prob wont open up the passing game until its to late. We need 40 points to win.

Time of possesion will kill us. Our d will be on the field all day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar