Titans/Texans Monday Night Prediction

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Since there's less than 2 days until kickoff, I figured I would make this weekly thread.

Predictions?

Personally, I say it'll be a tie ball game going into the 4th and, of course, we pull out with the win. Vince gets a great reception from Titans/Longhorns fans and has a solid game. Houston has been claimed to of been one of the top run D's in the past 6 weeks, but the teams they face average 22nd in the league in rushing (not saying much). We're 2nd in the league and I think we'll expose their front line and CJ will have a huge night.

They'll try to have an answer for the run and load the box but hopefully Vince audibles to a screen/option and gets himself/CJ to the outside.

The only thing I worry about is Harper. Hopefully he doesnt let off the gas just because of the cast/fear of getting hit. I think it was a mistake taking out Hood but it is what it is. Our secondary will look better because we'll be getting pressure on Schaub consistently. Houston's run game will be a non-factor in this one and if we can get through the game without AJ getting over 100-130 in the air, we'll take it down.

-Vince gets about 240 in the air with a TD/INT and 50 on the ground
    -CJ will have a decent-big night with 145 on the ground and 2 TDs and be a big part in the passing game as well with the screens
    -Britt will get his "first" NFL TD

I sense that Schaub will get hit on a pass going deep to AJ and will be picked off resulting in a Finnerception. Our scoring D has been great these last 3 weeks and I think it will continue.

So after all that talking, I say 31-24 Titans.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tennessee 43 - Mou Cows 0

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I'll have to give the Texans the edge. 27- 24

They are well rested, playing at home. And they have a top passing game in which our Secondary struggles.

If for some reason the obvious doesn't happen, we could win. Lets hope our D shows up and the long rest the Texans got hurts them more than it helps them.

4. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I agree with this I don't think we win Monday night they are rested they have a top flight offense I don't think we will be able to keep up. Im say Texans 28- Titans 17. We struggle to stop the pass and our Offense isn't built to come back or keep up in a high scoring game.

5. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Uhhh, I'm not exactly sure what the score will be but I'm pretty sure that we'll come out on top.

The Texans are a top flight offense? Is that considering that they're running game is struggling, they just lost their second leading receiver, and that Jacoby Jones is questionable?

Owen Daniels has always caused us serious problems. I think that without him, we'll fare much better.

Hopefully, we have Finnie follow Andre around rather than leaving Harper isolated with him this time.

I'd say..... 31-24 Titans

6. carr bombed

carr bombed Starter

[​IMG]

Umm....and what exactly is that supposed to accomplish? Johnson doesn't like the fake irishman, it's one of the reasons why he has career days against y'all. The idiot "crap" talker, talks crap to the one single person he shouldn't be talking to and Johnson takes his game to a whole other level.

Houston wins by a TD.....23 - 17

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. onthemove

onthemove Guest

This will be a shootout again like the second game. Both teams are better on offense. We run as well as they throw. I expect to see lots of scoring and lead changes throughout the game.

Titans 38 Texans 31

mark it

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Im glad we have a punter who can get the ball down field with a lot of hang time. That helps more than you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar