Titans That Most Need To Be Replaced - Article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tnfan47, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

Griffin misses way too many tackles to call him serviceable. I am not sure of the actual number, but it seems like every game he misses a tackle that results in a score. He takes too many bad angles for a guy making the kind of money he is making with the kind of experience he has. He needs to be cut, but for some reason Whiz is in love with him. He probably stays.

I really hope Levitre gets the ax. I cannot see a valid reason for keeping him around other than his huge dead money.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well in related news Titans rank 10th in yards given up after the catch. Thats a plus in a sea of crap

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

probably because the DBs concentrate on the tackle rather than preventing the catch

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

Got & JCBrave have hit on one of the bigger problems in the secondary. It does seem like after the catch not many yards are given up. It is in huge part because none of our DBs play the ball. They all concentrate on making the tackle. If they played the ball there have been numerous times this year that we could of gotten INTs instead of completions. Our DBs have not made many if any big plays this year. I don't think we have any INTs returned for TDs do we have ANY defensive TDs this year at all???? I think McCourtey returned a fumble for a TD, but other than that I do not believe we have any defensive scoring. That says a lot about the DBs in it's self.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Article is a perfect example of why Webster should go. It's just the tip of the iceberg. All the bad signings are his mistakes. Every fear that was raised about Hill and OHER has come true.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Tommy said things will get fixed. I hope he is talking about Webster.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

Levitre is being paid way too much. He will probably remain on the roster as cutting him will cost huge dead money. He should be a WAY OVERPRICED back up though. Hopefully we see the coaching staff wake up & move Warmack to LG. Maybe that helps Warmack, he has been a major bust on the right.

Oher is a joke & a HUGE mistake by the GM as he was a joke before we signed him. He should be cut. Hopefully Roos will sign on for RT duties to close out his career in TN. Short Term fix anyway.

Griffin has been horrible in most games, but makes an occasional play. The bad part is that all the coach seems to remember is the good ones he makes. He doesn't seem to remember the staggering number of missed tackles & big plays Griffin has given up. He takes horrible angles & costs us way too many big plays. I hope he is cut. Makes way too much money for his performances.

Sammie Hill is a major problem at NT. He does not have the skills to play NT. He is a large part of the run defense problem. He should be cut or ride the bench as a back up.

OLB- Just start over..... FA, Draft, whatever it takes, but this team needs a major upgrade in pass rush. We cant keep sending guys from the secondary. It is costing us in the pass game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar