Titans to be $9.1M Under Cap

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: When the Steve McNair trade is complete, the Titans will go from roughly $100,000 under the cap to roughly $9.1 million under. McNair will still count $14.46 million towards the Titans '06 cap but the team will not have any problems finding the money to sign their draft picks and could still bring in a free agent. McNair was taking up 23 percent of the Titans' $102 million salary cap and will be totally off the books in '07.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

We get 9 mil in cap space and Baltimore gets salary cap hell. Many of their fans are questioning paying this much and afraid of who they will lose in a cap purge in a year or 2. Couldnt happen to a better group of folks.

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Knowing that McNair will be costing the Titans $14 million plus in 2007, it stands that we will begin 2007 $14 million plus under the cap, not counting other savings from lost players.

The future could be very bright for a team that is getting leaner and younger.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

$9 million ey, enough for the Chosen One's next contract.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I have no idea what we'll do with it. I don't think we'll bring in a vet, that's a lot of money for a temporary solution, kind of like what Baltimore's doing with Mac now, or the raiders with aaron brooks. We've heard too much talk about the RT competition, and there's too few options out there for me to think we'll bring someone in there. CB, though, we could spend some money on. We're short on depth, and there are two decent corners still out there. If Ty law came down a little, I could see us signing him for three years, by then Pac and Rey are at their prime and can hold us down when he retires.

6. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

it is so nice to hear the words Cap Room used in a posetive way for once. we are usally fighting to get under the cap.

the future is looking bright

7. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

I hate that it had to end like this, but it's a good move. I'd still like to see a vet or two come in. I've always liked Ty Law.

As already mentioned, we're younger, leaner & if stuff pans out as it should, we'll be pretty competitive this year as compared to last.

Then give us another two (once Vince is seasoned,) we'll be downright scary good!

Just my op.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Lock some Titans down long term with the money. Haynesworth for instance might be worth throwing some money at to sign an extension that keeps him in two tone blue till 2012

9. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Here's What I think About it...TY LAW...TY LAW...TY LAW

10. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

We need to keep the money we have to lock up our own guys. We don't even know what kind of team we have anymore. We used to have a tough running game, and a good defense. Now we have, potential?
    Let's resign Albert, and Drew. How much time does K. bulluck have left on his deal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar