Rumor Titans to be aggressive in free agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by edward nigma, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

did I just see a mock offseason with
    1.Gregory
    2. CB
    3.Coates

Oh we shall be friends!

2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Hardy is my top FA with McCourty at #2. Would love to see them in Tennessee.

3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

The thing with Chip and the Eagles is that they now have cap space to bring in decent free agents, they can put together a solid roster without draft picks. If chip wants him they can afford him.
    Fletcher Cox would be great, I don't know if they would be willing to throw him in or not.

2015-1st,2nd,3rd
    2016 - 1st
    Cox and Foles
    That's enough for me.

We grab Hardy, Dan Williams, Ingram.

1. Move up using our 3rd to the 12-14 range to take the falling Gregory.
    2. DGB
    2.Darby CB
    3. Ogbeuchi RT

We are going places then

#33 ScotTitan, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I just don't see us addressing NT this offseason. we're paying Sammie hill like 3.5 million and his backup (who played with leabeu) like 2 million. I see us bringing in a stud DE and just rotating him and Casey with whoever.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

And as for hardy, while I would love having his talent, I have to agree with some previous posters; not sure he'd transition well into a 34. I think I want worilds the most. Knows leabeus system, could maybe a get discount, and he's better than morgan.

6. kenny

kenny Starter

McCourty / Dan Williams / Worlids / Ingram or Murray would be an amazing FA haul IMO........ I do not see us picking up all those top rated guys but I would love it if we did.

Brandon Graham / Jabaal Sheard / Buluga would all be guys that could contribute as well.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

FA is weak on the oline & SS....... we need starters for both spots. This FA class does have some difference makers that are not over the hill in other spots though. It is rare to have guys come to FA that are good & young enough to play for years.

Next week is going to be interesting.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hahaha. They're a 2-14 team. Like they're gonna say "we have a good core of players here. We're gonna sit this one out."

They aggressively signed McCluster, Oher, and Phillips last year, too. All big mistakes.
    Aggressive doesn't mean effective.
    Woodyard is no world beater, either

If you are horrible at drafting, throwing big money at free agents is the best way to handicap the team and earn yourself a pink slip.
    They're going to have to outbid the majority of FA offers, unless Lebeau works some magic on the defensive players.

#38 nickmsmith, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

One NFL source told the Chicago Tribune the Titans are "the only realistic destination" for the Bears to trade Jay Cutler.

Yet beat writer Brad Biggs admits "that could be a long shot." Tennessee has been thrown around as a trade partner because of Cutler's Vanderbilt roots and the Titans' unresolved quarterback situation, but there have been no signs that the Titans have legitimate interest. The most likely endgame remains Cutler spending 2015 -- and probably 2016, as well -- in Chicago.
    Related: Titans

Source: Chicago Tribune
    Mar 6 - 11:34 PM

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If you believe something Jason Cole says for Bleacher Report, you're an idiot.

Go back through his previous videos. He just wildly speculates for clicks. He recently reported the Broncos don't want Peyton Manning back.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar