Titans to "Focus In on Task at Hand" in Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher spoke to the media about the goals his team will have the first two weeks of training camp at Austin Peay. It is the first time since Baptist Sports Park opened that the team has held training camp away from Nashville. "We wanted to take the players away for focus", said Fisher. "That being the primary reason, to focus in on the task at hand, which is to get ready. In the past, I have said to get ready for the season opener, but we’re going to go up there and get ready for the preseason. We have a lot of work that we have to get done. We have to establish a new identity, if you will, offensively from the standpoint of the run game, defense against the run and so on and so forth. It’s an opportunity to get the guys in the same environment, to keep them together without distractions and do nothing but prepare for the upcoming season."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

At what point in the season do I park a moving van in front of Fisher's house?

Week 9 perhaps?

3. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Thank you Mr. Sunshine...

Moving training camp is a good idea. Helps a team bond. Keeps 'em focused. How much that helps the season, we'll see

4. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Some people can be so negative... I will be saying "I told ya so" with so many others on here that know that the Titans are getting ready for a surprising season. I've heard so many predictions of LenDale being a very real candidate for ROY from armchair football fans and professional analysts. We will see the Titans turn it around this season. Fisher's not going anywhere.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i can tell you this
    if the ship starts to sink heading towards the bye, we'll see Jeff pull all kinds of rabbits out of his hat (like Vince and LD)

Week 8
    @home
    versus Houston
    LIGHT THE FUSE JEFF !!

6. i think this was a good idea for them, and will probally help the team

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I was being sarcastic folks ... chill.

I remember whrn the Oilers first came to town. After training camp at TSU, and the exciting no beer season at Vanderbilt, they were in desperate search of an identity going into the 1999 camp in Bellevue.

Fisher was one of the first, if not the only one, to hold camp in their hometown. Lots of media outlets reported on the new idea of holding camp at home, veterans get to go home, that sort of thing.

It obviousy worked out well then, let's just hope it works well this year.

I have the utmost optimism, but I don't believe everything Fisher says these days compared to then either.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Wait, let's go even better than that for all you Fisher bashers.

Week nine, Fisher fired, Schwartz elevated to the HC job.

9. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

OK "The Don" I know what you mean, I, and maybe most of us, have said something, then got pounced on...

Really,I don't think Fisher gets run outta town, no matter what happens this season. He may leave, but it will be because he didn't want to stay. Jeff Fisher is an owners dream come true as a coach. ( I hope Bud's got enough sense to know that...I think he does)

Fisher has been the victim as much as anyone in this org. He's not responsable for bad personnel choices made by others ( reese and adams) He's done a good job with what he's had to work with...This year, I like to thinK he has a little more to work with. ( and yep, even losing Mac, I think the team overall, is better)

GO TITANS

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I bet he would be way more successful as HC

Course he has set the bar very low

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar