Titans to Get Decision From Hope Soon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans General Manager Floyd Reese says he expects a decision from Steelers safety Chris Hope by the end of the week. Hope was in town yesterday and will make visits to Miami today and San Francisco tomorrow. "They gave me their word that they were indeed just going to make these three visits, they had a chance to make a lot more," Reese said. "At the end of it, they're going to make a decision." Most consider Hope an upgrade over safety Tank Williams, now an unrestricted free agent.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We know that our secondary needs help because we have several guys that are marginal at best in terms of being NFL talent (Nickey, Gardner). So I think in the 2nd rnd we need to go DB. That being the case I'd rather have a young safety than another young CB. So I'd spend my money on a vet CB.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think the secondary will be fine.

Pacman and The Chosen One have gained experience, Woolfolk isnt bad at nickel.

If we sign Hope he will be a big upgrade and Lamont maybe better as a Strong Safety.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure why we need another CB. Hill and Pacman are the starters and were just rookies last year. They should show decent improvement next year and with improvement at LB and S we should be fine. Besides, we are losing Tank so a vet S is important.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree on the safety. I would prefer a vet there over corner but I would think an experienced, technically-sound corner who can back up both sides would be a nice addition. If Pac goes down, things get scary unless Waddell has come a long way since last season.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No faith in Woolfolk?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

8. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

i hope that hope wil sign and we should bring tank back... cause i think he can contribute still. thing is i duno why nickey was tendered and thompsons bonus was picked up? this means that nickey will be here for sure and ive never really been a fan of thompson but i hope he steps up

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we can recind Nickey's tender.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I hope we do. BTW, the article mentions Hope as an upgrade over Tank. I thought Hope was a FS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar