Titans to Have $10 Million for Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Read the title - Titans to Have $10 Million for FREE AGENCY. That does not involve contracted players outside of McNairs huge cap number. Whether or not Lamont gets his bonus it doesnt affect that because it will have been taken into account.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

You don't drive the same car forever:brow:

3. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Wouldnt we have more if we cut Olsen or Hopkins,LT or Tank, Sirmon or Kassel or both?

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Hater!:sad2:

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I believe Kassel and Tank are up for FA so we get nothing by "cutting" them.

6. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Huh? We have $10 million now and McNair and KVB will have to come out of that? If that's true, we don't have squat. The wording is very confusing.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

One would think that restructuring McNair's deal would add to that number, not take away from it. If that is true, then signing KVB will probably use whatever we save on McNair and maybe a little more.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats how I read it.
    Thats not good news at this point considering we need to find a SS and MLB. I don't think Reese is saying that we could not make more room with roster moves such as cutting Sirmon and Olsen. Either way we are not going to have a boat load of $$ for FAs after we sign KVB.

9. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

If they're saying we will have $10 million even after salaries for Hopkins, Olsen, Hartwig and Sirmon are included, then we are still in good shape if Reese decides to cut any or all of those. I don't see how we could be looking at $10 million, though, if those guys salaries and bonuses are included.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

According to the article, the $10 mil is what Reese expects to have to sign McNair, KVB and any FA. I don't know how Reese arrived at that number since negotiations don't appear close for McNair or KVB right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar