Titans to Have $40 Million in Cap Room Heading into Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

y would we trade roydell. we finally have a wr who developed a little.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Here's a closeup of Roydell Williams catching a TD this season vs the Texans.Note how our #2 WR likes to close his eyes when he makes goes up for a catch.

It explains a lot about his inconsistency.I'd love to trade him but he isn't very good & he's recovering from a broken ankle.We'd be fortunate to get a 6th rd pick for him.

[​IMG]

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We don't need to be getting rid of any WRs..

Perfectly understandable why they were unwilling to pay the big bucks to bennett but they were not even willing to pay bobby wade half as much.

On the open market wade only got $3M a year and rewarded his team with career highs in every category. 650 yards. We could have used that guy this year..

I hope we don't apply the same cheap approach to gage.

Edit: Note that wade's production last year was comparable to both sidney rice and troy williamson combined! Williamson a very high first rd pick from 05 and rice a high 2nd rd rookie.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wade would have done no better than anyone else on this team.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wade is comparable to williams and gage and better than our three WR draft choices combined and then some.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Exactly, which means he would have put up the same stats as Roydell and Gage for a lot more money.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Sign 1 or maybe 2: Berrian, Hackett, Johnson, T.J. and a WR drafted in the 1st or 2nd like Sweed or Bennett and the Titans are set.

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

we need to keep gage no matter what .. he is a solid #2 and we can depend on him.. also i dont think he has maxed out his potential either.. in his 1st 4 years in chicago he had atleast 4 different starting qb's.. a qb and a wide reciever need time to get in rythem with eachther and gage has never had that chance.. now he will get that chance and i hope he relizesthat staying with the titans will be the best move for him and us

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I like Gage despite his slow start early in the season. I really believe he could be a dependable target if given more time to practice with, and understand Vince.

Plus he might shine a little brighter under Heimerdinger.

10. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

unfortunatley gage is the only wide reciever we have that im excited about.. i think the jury is still out on roydell he made some great plays for us last year but he also made alot of mental mistakes , dropped passes and bad route running to name a few..brandon jones is the most puzzleing 1 of them all he has the speed the size and the potential to be a solid #1 in the nfl and he has done nothing.. every once in awhile he shows flashes of what he can do and just when we think he is turning the corner he drops out of site( ben troupe anyone) for 3-4 weeks.. chris davis has speed but must eat popcorn before every game because his hands just can not hold on to the ball and no way can he be our kick returner( thank god pacman is back).paul williams??/ the last time i heard his name was when we drafted him. eric moulds is a good role model but thats where i draw the line he needs to trade in his helmet and shoulder pads for a whistle and a clipboard and become a coach.. mike williams is doing weight watchers commercials with marino and golic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar