Titans to install "Cowboys" sized video boards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

They should have a space shuttle fly over the stadium before games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I'd like to see the raccoon fart lightning.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Did they get back to you? I've written plenty of letters to all types of companies with ideas I think they should consider. I always get a response stating their intentions on whether or not they plan to move forward with my idea. Even if they don't want to put in an over-sized Olympic torch in each end zone that blasted fire into the sky whenever we score, they should at least thank you for your letter.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

To be honest, I'm very surprised they are getting huge screens.
    The raccoon must go. Talk about Possum Holler.. oy..
    Those bits they play on the screens could be replaced yearly or even game to game and cost them squat. Fans could make them and submit them and they'd be better than that crap from 2001.. Some of that stuff reminds me of going to an old drive-in theater..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

No joke. I LOVE parking and walking through a postapocolyptic wasteland to go to games.

I've thought this ever since they picked the name. The stadium should have a greek facade, like a bunch of big ionic collumns (like at the parthenon) around it. I like your flaming torches idea. Maybe a GINORMOUS statue of a zeus-looking guy can throw a ligtning bolt when we score.

(Yes, I know, Zeus isn't a Titan, in fact, he killed most of them).

The other idea I had...

you know the VOL Navy in Knoxville? Where a bunch of drunk rednecks in boats tie up and drink in the river?

I would love to build a GIANT (like barge sized) greek galley, complete with oarsmen and everything. Paddle it out in the river and drink on it during games.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

True, but there are plenty of times that coaches pay close attention to the replays on the big screen then decide whether or not to throw the flag. Maybe no most of the time, but it definitely happens.

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I love the flaming torch and zues ideas ... I really think if I were a billionare and owned the Titans, I would spend almost all my money doing cool stuff like that. What better stuff is there to spend money on than making the Titans awesome?

and to answer a previous question in the thread pertaining to who was paying for the upgrades ... I am not sure, but I thought I heard somewhere that the city was paying for it. It was part of their agreement that the city would spend so much on upgrades every so often.

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

If they do all that, they have to go ahead and put in public bathing spots. Or wait, was that the Romans?

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Both. Of course, the Greek baths were far more famous for their buggery than the Roman, so we prolly want to avoid that.

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Read the comments and just laughed. Jesus people, no one is FORCING you to buy concessions. I usually eat small before the game and drink a lot before the game. I'll maybe buy a beer and a hot dog in the game which equates to 12 dollars or so. And I'll go out to eat AFTER the game. After living in Vegas for 2 and a half years and seeing the club owners gouge you on prices(34 dollars for 2 redbull/vodkas, minus tip), I have learned how to enjoy going to these events and avoid outrageous costs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar