Titans to meet with Herndon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Really, is Reiny sending a message to Pac or what??

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

"you can never have enough good cornerbacks"

however.....as for DE's, having more than one good one is totally unacceptable...

3. lol, too funny

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

MR just baffles me...

I get the feeling we are playing in a 7 on 7 league......we use half our draft picks (5 out of 10) on DB's and WR's....we sign another DB.....then every vet DB or WR that gets cut comes running to Nashville for a visit....meanwhile, the offensive and defensive lines are one key injury away from completely sucking....

as you can see, I still have a whole bowl full of sour grapes on our lack of attention to the DE position....

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree with you. We are REALLY counting on Laboy and Odom and DT's haven't been that impressive either.

6. MJTitans

I agree on the defensive line, but I think the offensive line is in fairly good shape. Not loaded with depth, but we have some good versatile guys and Munchak will work his normal magic with some of the younger guys to be able to handle back-up roles. DE is something that I can't fault Reiny on though (especially in 1 offseason) - I wanted one, but they are tough to come by... risky to try to get them in the draft and good ones don't usually show on the FA market unless they're damaged goods.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

This truly confuses me.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

wats the word on this guy...ny good?

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

not really....didnt see much of Seattle last year but Ive heard that he got burned a lot

10. MJTitans

Yea, I think that's why they are only looking at the possibility of him covering in the slot - doesn't have the speed for the outside.

I don't see any harm in talking to players that become available. We're not going to keep 10 CBs on the roster, but if we sign 10 and cut the worst I don't think that's a bad thing. I mean, the majority of players on your roster are not starters... so when they bring in these players it's not like the Titans are saying these guys are better than the current starters - might very well be looking to improve the entire team, not just the top 5 or 10 guys. The bottom 5 guys on your roster are really important because they are going to have to take the field, and as we've seen they often mess it up. Not exciting to sign a bottom-feeder, but if he's better than you're current worst then it will pay off big-time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar