Titans to pick 3rd

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big TT, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and got 4 months of it to go.

2. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Every report I've seen has said Houston would take Reggie, if he we're available to them, and obviously he is. It may not make sense, and one would think that they'd take D'Brickashaw, but I've heard that they WILL take Bush if they get the #1. If this is what happens, New Orleans will more than likely take Leinart. Brooks is toast in NO. They've been starting Todd Bouman the past few games. They also have Adrian McPherson, who they drafted last year in the later rounds, but he is EXTREMELY raw as a QB, and will likely not be a starter.

That leaves us with a pick of taking D'Brickashaw (my pick), taking AJ Hawk, or possibly trading down and stockpiling more picks. Ideally, I'd like us to take D'Brickashaw with our 1st, and take a LB with our 2nd, since Cutler is likely to go off in the mid-late 1st. LBs that are likely to be available early 2nd, could be guys like D'Qwell Jackson, Abdul Hodge, Ernie Sims, Paul Posluzny(if he declares)...so this draft is loaded at LB.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok, "How 'bout" LenDale White
    one site ranks him as the best 'POWER' back in the country
    certainly more suited to Jeff's mentality

6.7 ypc and 21 TD's
    he's also USC"s all time TD leader - scoring 49 TD's (in only 3 years)
    led the team in rushing last year
    hmmmm,.....

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, I hate this idea, but if Houston wants to trade down and still have a good shot at Ferguson, then the best trading partner is -- us. We give them our first and a third (that we get from trading Volek or Henry, second if we get that for one of those guys, even; also, throw in an OT like Loper if necessary) and we get Bush, they get Brick before anyone else can select him - guaranteed.

5. jdee

jdee Guest

Picking third gives us the ability to pick a high quality player, or trade down for multiple players. Let's face it , we have a lot of needs, one player won't turn the tide next season.

JDee

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I suggested him if we were out of the top 5 - he suits Fisher to a T.

But at #3 - what about DeAngelo Williams if Bush is gone? If Bush is LaDanian and D.Williams is Shaun Alexander, would I take Alexander at #3 if LT wasn't there? Yes I would.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Neither will one draft turn around what we have this year.
    But one Franchise Player we could get at #3 could turn the tide in 2-3 years maybe.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Third really is a good place to be - we got McNair at #3. And we have the possibility of selling our pick if we were lucky enough to have Bush or Leinhart fall to us. But maybe we can sell it for chances at Hawk, Ferguson, D. Williams, M. Williams, J.Williams, V.Young, etc.

The wait will be torture, but somehow enjoyable.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no, no, no, ....... LenDale in a later round

interesting equation you had going there

question : would yu rather have LT or Shaun Alexander ?
    (me thinksa Shaun for me)

10. smili

smili Starter

I think it'd take much more than a 1st and a 3rd. San Diego got a ton to trade Eli to NY. I think they got another #1 and something like 2nd 3rd and 5th rounder -all for moving about 3-4 places

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar