Titans to pick 8th in 2011 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by yanek27, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

... or we can rebuild and retool our defense so we can draft someone out of next years QB deep draft class; just a thought.

A good running game and a strong defense CAN get you to ten wins and the playoffs in spite of ty QB play. (A statement proven by by the 2007 Titans season)

A great running game and a great defense CAN get you to 11-13 wins and into the playoffs in spite of average QB play (A statement proven by by the 2008 Titans season)

2. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

Seahawks win! 8th overall draft pick for the Titans!

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

8th pick it is for certain now

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Amen Brotha!

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree about Fisher...this is on him. 6 winning seasons in 17 years says all that needs to be said.
    As far as Vince, I agree, his play has improved. What I don't agree with is keeping him at his current salary and trying to salvage his career. If he is brought back his contract needs to be renegotiated. $12.7 million is too much to pay QB that is trying to salvage his career.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I never said I WANTED to keep Young I'm just saying that is what I think will happen. Also if Young makes 12.7 and we bring in a backup for say idk 1-2mil per season. Then the combined total for the Titans at QB will be 13-15 million. Young made 10mil this year and Collins made close to 8mil. So we would actually be saving 4-6 millions dollars as compared to this year. Keeping Young at 12 makes as much sense as keeping Collins at 8.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I know you didn't say you wanted to keep him, was just replying with what the Titans should do. Collins should not be brought back at anything near what he made this year. Really the only way I see Collins back is if we draft Mallett, because their styles are so similar, he'd be a great mentor for Mallett. For the record, I don't want VY back either. We are far enough into his career to know whether we have a franchise QB or not.

8. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Trent Dilfer agrees.

9. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

Titans will get the 8th Pick in the Draft....

Who do you think they should take?

I am going to go with Marcel Dareus. He is a huge man and can play both DT and DE. I know we took a DE last year, but at least Marcel is over 300lbs. I think he would do well paired with Jones at DT.

Nick Fairley would probably be a better pick, but I expect him to be gone prior to our No. 8 pick.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

CB Prince would be my 2nd option.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I want a QB, hopefully Mallit, but I think we will get a LB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar