Titans to wear Houston Oiler Throwbacks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheSureThing, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When the Ravens left, Tagliabue (I think) said the history, uniforms, everything stays in Cleveland.

The Ravens officially started in 199x whatever it was. The current Cleveland Browns have all the history, awards, etc.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Gunny sure knows his NFL history.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bah, all of that should be irrelevant.. If the team name changes with the move the history means squat. Don't see the point in Nashville celebrating anything about Houston...

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree. Hated the Houston Oilers and their sissy baby blue except when they played Pittsburgh that is.

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I hadn't realised a name change eliminates your entire history. If that's the case, then I guess Chad Ocho Cinco is a rookie, huh? :brow:

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

New York Titans vs Houston Oilers would be pretty confusing..

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that would be awesome.

8. Wheelhouse

Wheelhouse Camp Fodder

Would love to see the old unis again, and would love to see them against the Texans.

9. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Just out of my own curiosity. Let's say that in 1998 when they were the TN Oilers. Which stadium would fly the championship banner had they won it?

I don't know about everyone else here that was an old school Oilers fan, but my love followed the team not the city. It absolutly broke my heart to have my favorite sports team in the whole wide world pick up stakes and move. They were less than 200 miles away and I could and would catch a couple of games every year. Then they move 700+ miles away and I haven't been to a game since. Some might think it is dumb to pull out the old Oilers uni's once in a while, but honestly what would it hurt to give the fans that have followed this team for more than 10 years (in my case over 20) a little something to reminisce? The TN Titans will always be the Houston Oilers to me. By the way the Texans SUCK and what would piss the Texan fans more than the most hated man in Houston, Bud Adams, pulling out the old Oilers unis?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'll answer your question with a question. Why, if they wanted to carry all that Oilers history, did they change the name of the team?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar