Titans to win only 5-6 games this season???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanoiler, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You realize we were playing the Saints? When they had there first team in they moved well and they are the SAINTS. The fact that we have more depth then the Saints is not really a sign of playoffs IMO.

Our run game looked good but at pre-game The Fish said if we got 250 yards on the ground and lost by 2 TDs it would be a successful outing. He was obviously focused on the run game.

RT tell us how you see the season panning out if you think we get our 9~11 wins needed to push us to the playoffs.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't want to be mean but.....

Those of you who think this team will only win 5 or 6 games better come up with some reasoning above and beyond just our schedule. I have seen little evidence of real football knowledge here.

I have made my case now you make yours.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I had said 7-9, with help, but now I'm drinking the crimson kool-ade.
    :beercheer

Playoffs baby!!

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm still going with 16-0, but

Things I'm not ok with
    The wr corps is just horrible.
    The upgrades everyone talks about are so not upgrades.
    No playmaker other than Young and Possibly Pac Man ( limited opps tho )

Things I'm ok with
    Young as backup. He can move the ball.
    Running game. Always thought brown was really good anyway
    Volek. Looks sharp. Bennett connection is there again.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think a lot people are forgetting, the Saints pretty much suck as bad as we do, and they won the game. Yeah. I know. whatever. But that is the same thing we were saying last year. A play here. A play there. Puft. The energy everyone is talking about will wane if we can't make a big play.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am shooting for .500. We make 8-8 I will be happy! Anything above that I will be estatic. We have NO DEPTH. We have TOUGH opponents. We have a questionable O-line. I hope everything you say is right Rolltide, but it is hard to believe. I do remeber you last year saying the same stuff though. I was blinded by homerism last year as well. Hope for the best, expect the worse. Thats my new motto.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if you want anyone to have a clue on what you are talking about, explain this BS about me predicting stuff after the season?

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You still did not answer my question on which of your games we are going to squeeze out 9~11 victories from.

Improved run game? We get a new FB and a RB who has not played a down and our running game as improved to the point of a playoff team? Yeah we ran well against a Saints defense that was constantly subbing and yes we looked good but the Saints D has never been all that stellar. If that was the Bears D or Pits D then yeah you can make an argument but the Saints are a stretch to say the least.

Our WR looked better but Bennett had a pretty big drop on 1st team, so did Givens, and Williams had one with our second team on there second team D.

Our defense looked good but our 1st team D played into the 2nd quarter against the Saints second team offense. If our 1st team D can not match up to a second team of the Saints we should be really worried.

Pacman looked great but still could not hold back enough not to get a 15 yarder. If he gets a rep in the league as someone who draws penalties the refs will look and any subtle thing will draw a flag. If he does not control this it will become a much worst problem as the season goes on.

Troupe better step up with Kinney having surgery. Our TEs were really the only bright spot we had on offense last season. We lose that we have nothing on offense from last season.

And to totally disregard the fact that we have to play the NFC East this season and brush it off as “little evidence of real football knowledge” is total crap. Every one of the teams in that division could make the playoffs easily. The 6-10 record of last season for Phili is very deceptive. With the TO thing gone and a healthy McNabb they are basically the same team that went to the NFC championship 3 years in a row.

Miami has improved

Baltimore has improved

Most of the teams we will play this year will be in the hunt for playoff spots and they will play us like we are a game they can no lose. None of these teams will be a push over less maybe Jets and Bills. On top of that betting lines are putting us at 5~6 wins. They probably just make that stuff up though. Throw darts, it is not like they are in a multi billion $ industry and pay allot of money to set those odds so they are right around what the season is going to be.

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I expect us to win 7.

Vince Young reminded me alot of Steve McNair in that preseason game. Anyone else notice that?

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Maybe we shouldn't forget that IT WAS A PRE-SEASON GAME! Who cares who won the game? 4th stringers were in the game in the 2nd half. Look more at individual play and 1st team on 1st team. Also remember that the 99 SB team was 1-3 in the pre-season.

Did we have a true shut down CB last year? Looks like we have one this year.
    Our defense last year was terrible. We have upgraded at all the weak points, OLB, MLB, S and with more experience and Pac playing well at CB.

Did we lack depth and have alot of inexperience at WR last year? Looks like we improved significantly there. Of course because Bennett and Williams missed those catches we will have fans saying our WRs suck but what I saw was good protection for the QB and some real nice throws. Volek looked darn good and Wade really helps our 3 WR sets. We haven't even seen what Givens can bring yet. Fans might want to keep in mind that after Troupe we were plaing our 5th and 6th TEs.

We did run the ball well. Not fantastic but well enough to win ball games. I know many were not impressed by Brown only getting 47 yards in one quarter (if he was any good he should have had 100) but I think the combination of Brown and Henry and White should be a significant improvement over what we had last year. If Henry can stay drug free and relatively healthy he and White can carry the load even if Brown gets nicked.

The OL did a good job of pass protecting which was one of my biggest concerns. Volek will rip defenses apart if he has time to throw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar