Titans too young to succeed in 2004....LIE!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I guess teams don't need talent to win anymore. I can't believe Fisher didn't have Beckham playing in the pro-bowl this year. What a crappy coach.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

now just wait a darn minute

don't everybody pat Jeff on the back now
    he had his problems this year (and last)

he lost control over this team
    he might've even lost a little respect throughout the locker room

don't try and put all the blame on the youth of the team
    put a little on the coach too, he had just as much to do with it as the young guys - you can blame it on talent too

but that lack of talent needs to be blamed on Reese for not ?scouting? well and/or opn Jeff for not being able to develop that talent

it's amazing that with all that we lost per the purge that we only lost 1 more game than in '04. it might've been easier to blast Jeff last year than this year.

Irregardless, youth / talent be damned .... this is not a 4-12 football team - at least not with competent coaching

had Jeff been the coach of any other NFL football team, he would've been fired this year after consecutive 5 win seasons

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Many have the mentality that there is ONE reason for a TEAM losing. I think we have enough blame to go around. The vets clearly underachieved. The ACL guys were not close to their pre-injury form. The Titans had inexperience in a number of areas. There were injuries in key positions. The offense was new. The coaching staff didn't handle a number of situations correctly. There was a lack of leadership and professionalism. And the list goes on.

There are no simple fixes to return the Titans among the elite but there better be some major improvements made.

4. No one is saying Fisher did a great job. But the fact is, he's not on the field making plays. He didn't single handedly take the team to the Super Bowl any more than he single handedly went 4-12 this year.

The veterans who played badly played badly all year long. This wasn't an issue of him losing control of the team as the year went on. Yes, they were just going through the motions in week 17, but the rest of the year wasn't just on Fisher.

As for this not being a 4-12 team, I don't disagree. But we all knew going into the season that they weren't a contender, either.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

agreed
    agreed

man, I just didn't see them as a 4-12 team
    however, considering the Top3 players available, I'm glad they were

furthermore, if '06 is anything like '04 / '05 we'll have a new coach in '07

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I guess thats why the Eagles fired Andy Reid, oh wait, they didn't. :rolleyes:

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar