Titans uni fan concepts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryudo, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Horribly ugly

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

That one must have been made by a UTChattanooga fan

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

regardless, they MUST change the primary logo.
    it is the only logo that sweeps that doesn't properly line up on a hat.
    either use the sword or lose the flames off the tack.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

unlike any other in the 4 major sports ?

looks very Predator-ish to me

[​IMG]

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Just to be clear, I completely agree that Nike is definitely going to make minor tweaks to the cut of NFL uniforms. At no point did I say nothing will change. Nike uses its own jersey templates and not every NFL design will fit onto a Nike template exactly the same way it fits onto a Reebok template. This will affect some striping. I'm sure most teams will be affected in a minor way. Some may be slightly more noticeable than what you would call minor.

For example, here is something I could see happening. Pants that currently look like the ones on the top may end up looking like the ones on the bottom:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This wouldn't be a major change (it's not actually a redesign, just a redistribution of the same design), but it's also not nothing.

I'm also positive we will see Nike tout some kind of supposedly superior new fabric when they unveil the new NFL jerseys. They will say that it's lighter and wicks moisture better than any previous fabric and all kinds of crap like that. This will be part of an effort to get fans to once again purchase what is essentially the same jersey.

Ultimately, I don't believe for a second that we are going to see anything close to the league-wide redesign that some people think is coming. Nike will try to convince some teams to adopt radical new designs and I'm sure a few will agree to do it (the Seahawks and Panthers are both likely, according to what I have heard). However, most teams will not want to change much at all, so Nike will have to do the best it can to fit teams' current designs onto its templates without changing much at all.

As time goes on, a few teams will update their uniforms every few years, but that won't be any different from how things work now. Within the past 6 years, we have seen new uniforms for the Bills, Jaguars, 49ers, Chargers, Lions, Cardinals and Vikings. So, when 8 teams are in different uniforms in 2022 and a few of those 8 are in radical new designs, it won't actually be anything out of the ordinary.

I expect we will see a new Titans uniform design at some point in the next five or so years. The Titans are probably one of the teams that Nike will be able to convince to try out a new design, because the Titans don't have a strong team brand that will never change (like the Packers). It might be crazy, it might just be tweaks on the current design.

6. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Only thing I don't like is our Logo. I think we can all agree we have the ugliest logo in the NFL. The secondary logo (T Sword) is much better.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't think so, NFL stuff sells itself, doesn't matter if me or Nike makes it.
    And the NFL is the most difficult league to talk to, no one tells them anything, they do all the talking.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

am i the only one besides DW that likes this? guess i'm biased because yellow is my favorite color... but then again... it doesnt match at all..

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I like the design, just the yellow doesn't seem to fit imo.

10. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Yellow is my favorite color too, but it has no reason to be on our uni's.

I like the design, other than the yellow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar