Titans "unofficial" depth chart/T. Wilson released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm honestly surprised no one has tried to convert Campbell to FS. He clearly doesn't have the instincts and short area quickness to excel at CB but with his size, athleticism, and a year or so to learn the nuances of the position I don't see why a move to safety is out of the question. We're clearly looking for someone to eventually replace Griffin so why not Campbell?

2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Campbell did play some safety and LB at Pitt.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We are? What suggests we're trying to push Griffin out? All those FS's we dont draft?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I don't think Griffin is getting pushed out at all. I'm honestly not worried about our safeties this year, and I'm super excited about our Linebackers. Corners are iffy, Casey is going to be a pro bowler this year. Our defense is going to take us to the Playoffs.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, but how long do you keep a guy around just because he's 6'3 and fast? Like you said, dude's been in the league 3 years and all I remember him for is one great trick play and about a thousand penalties.

That said, I won't be upset if we keep him. I'm just skeptical he's going to suddenly turn a corner at 27 years old. But like you said, maybe Horton can do something with him.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

The key phrase there was "eventually replace Griffin". Griff is 29 years old. If we're not preparing to move on from him in the near future (next 2-3 years) then we're doing something wrong. Griff doesn't seem like one of those guys who is crafty enough to keep playing well after his athleticism fades.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Sammie Hill at NT. We're boned.

8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Tommie Campbell is about to be 27. He's too old to groom to eventually replace Griffin with.

He will be old by the time Griff is done here also.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea not too crazy about that either

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm excited in the fact Wimbley and Morgan are ahead of Phillips, a recent proven commodity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar