Titans - Victims of stolen value (Who would you have drafted??)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by nate42104, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay one thing I'm mad about is since I'm an Auburn fan this hurts. Last year we were 1 pick away from Kenny Irons and this year 2 picks away from Groves. Also why didn't the Titans trade up for Mendenhall? Everyone knew Dallas was taking Jones. Why not move up to 21 and take the RB we wanted?

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

How do we know Mendenhall is the RB "The Titans" wanted? I know I was praying the Steelers didn't take him, and even if they did not I wasn't certain the Titans would choose him.

With 4 picks to go, we had 3 players on the board "I" hoped we would take - that doens't mean the team felt the same way. It's funny to hear someone say "why didn't we trade up" when we're talking a matter of 10 minutes to make a decision. And, the teams we'd have to make a deal with are the same teams that want the same players we want to move up to get.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Would of rather drafted Mike Jenkins.

4. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

As you enjoy saying to all these guys here on this board " like to know how long YOU have been a pro scout or a rep in a front office?...............(crickets chirping)

No excuses stop being a apologist for this ****ed draft.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

that's to move up 18 spots in the first round, moving into the top ten is always costly. To give a more accurate perspective of moving up in the second round, the Seahawks moved up from 55 overall to 38 for a third rounder and the Jaguars moved from 58 to 52 for a fifth rounder, so we probably could have moved ahead of Philly in the second (from 54 to 46) for a fourth round, which we had three of, and that would have given us Jackson, Sweed, and Kelly to choose from.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nate value is a matter of opinion.

There was great value in the first rd. Merling was there, the top safety in the draft was there and the fourth best corner. Some had us taking a DT with that pick. Well balmer did go late in the first rd and he could have been ours. We had our pick of any WR on the board in rd 1.

As for rd 2 and 3 we still had several corners to choose from. Patrick lee in rd 2 and justin king in the third. Had we not gone RB in rd 1 we could have had charles in rd 2 or slaton in rd 3. There were lots of TEs available in rds 2 and 3 and we smartly got one in rd 3. There were plenty of Wrs still there in both rds 2 and 3.

We had 3 4th rd picks and 2 were tradable if we truly wanted to move up. What would have made more sense using the 124th pick plus a 5th to get hayes or using that 124th pick to move up in the 2nd to get groves?

As it is we had a good draft it is just a tough spot where we were picking but the pats and colts always seem to find good value late so that is never an excuse..

7. TM

TM Starter

The "we should have traded up" theory is nothing more than 20/20 hindsight. Did we have a crystal ball to tell us who Pitt was going to pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar