1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Titans @ Vikings Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 5, 2012.

1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff Member

Let's talk the upcoming game here.

Some background: Vikings lead the series 7-4. In their last meeting, the Titans won 30-17 (9/28/08).

2012 Vikings Stats
    Offense: 10th in rushing, 25th in passing, 21st overall
    Defense: 7th vs the run, 15th vs the pass, 9th overall

2012 Titans Stats:
    Offense: 29th in rushing, 18th in passing, 23rd overall
    Defense: 27th vs the run, 27th vs the pass, 31st overall

Attached Files:

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I'm surprisingly optimistic about the game. I just don't think the Vikings are as good as their record indicates. That said, they're certainly a better team than we are right now. But I think they're due for a letdown.

I expect CJ and the run game to look much more like they did weeks 1-3 than the week 4 version. Vikings are tough up front and we all know about our scrub OL. If we're going to come away with the victory we're going to need a sharp, relatively mistake-free game from Hasselbeck. And of course our D will have to at least look like a professional squad.

I don't know why and I'm probably a fool for believing at this point, but I think we get it done this Sunday.
  3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

I am a long time FSU fan the key to the game is to make ponder uncomfortable nobody has done that he will make a mistake if he feels the heat all day. McCarthy playing will be huge
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

They definitely aren't as good as their record... they lost to the Colts.

I still say we lose, and I hate to be that guy, but I think Hasselbeck throws 3 picks (another pick 6) and Harvin takes one to the house on us.

Vikings 27 Titans 17
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

Tennessee 43 - norse losers 0
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Starter

I'll be happy if our scrub d keeps them below 30 points. McCarthy being back should really help the run D. I predict Nate having a big day, but we lose 27-24. Hope I'm wrong
  7. TitanT

TitanT Special Teams Standout

Vikings are not very intelligent
    [​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

i'm hoping Gray backs up his talk by calling a more aggressive game. but i'd take the over in any points bet.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

are you guys really going to watch Hasslebeck? gonna be a boring game for the Titans.

ill keep an eye on it, but ill be watching what ever game is on Fox. Hass bores me.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  10. TitanT

TitanT Special Teams Standout

No game on FOX here during the Titans game. However English Premier League Soccer will be on FOX then and that's football, Newcastle vs Manchester.