Titans/ Vince Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jdee, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The debate is interesting, but in all likelihood there is not much choosing to do. The choice is going to be stay at #3 and draft a player, or trade down and draft a player.

Either Young or Leinart will be gone when we pick. If a team trades up with the Texans (like the Jets), both could be gone when we pick, cuz you know the Saints are taking a QB.

The only way we can pick between Leinart and Young is if Bush goes #1 and the Saints take Cutler at #2.

Face it, to a certain degree, we're taking leftovers, not pick of the litter. To have that, you have to be able to pick first, which we're not.

Cutler could impress enough to be taken at #3, I'm not ruling that out, but I still think it's kind of absurd. Taking him lower with additional picks is better.

For those who love Cutler, the ideal would be to have the Texans trade out to a team who wants Leinart #1 overall. This almost forces the Saints to take Young (though they could go Cutler, but doubtful). Bush falls to us. We select him, then pull a San Diego, requiring the trading team to draft Cutler and offer up the farm on which their mama still lives. But I don't know if I actually had him that I'd give up Bush. Why, I'd never give up Bush!

The player we get may be the best "leftovers" ever imagined, but will be seconds no matter how you look at it. Not much choice to it.

Get used to the notion of taking whoever is there between Leinart and Young, and be pleasantly surprised if we somehow pull off the "coup de Reese" and get more than just the remaining player.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

We don't have "pick of the litter", but it will be like do we take the perfect yellow lab or the perfect black lab puppy. Either way, we are choosing a great dog.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If you don't like a guy that converts 3rd & 30 on the ground you must me smoking crack. How is that a clutch decision? Can you say "cocky"? What if the guy doesn't get hurt? He's so big. I'd love to see him standing next to Peyton Manning...suit or shoulder pads and football pants. Vince is a big boy. And this goes out to all you bozos that think VY can't hit the broad side of a barn throwing...That's bull-****. He's the real deal Holyfield. Get that bunk junk up and outta here mister. Bipolar ain't buyin' it so quit selling it. He is a huge risk. Giant risk. If you are not comfortable with risk you aren't going to win the Super Bowl. I puked:barf:when Madden told the Patriots to play for overtime in that Super Bowl against the Rams.

Vince Young doesn't play for overtime.

He plays to win championships. He'll win it all inside five years if he is our man in the upcoming draft. Ok. metal, why did you dump the Kool-Aide over my head? Right now I feel like I could get in a street fight brawl :grrr: with a Titans fan that does not want Young to be drafted by us. Right now I feel as if we draft VY and go 1-15 with McNair... I'd still be be throwing:greedy:down keeping my psl's current. C'mon people!

DRINK THE KOOL-AIDE!!!

:flame:

4. TouchDown29

TouchDown29 Guest

Man dude is sick. I agree with bipolar. It would be pretty hard to pass on the guy who won the rose bowl almost single handedly.

5. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

your have my same thinking man i love titan fans like you

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Young would fix our lack of a running game problem.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Yes he did.

And, I'm sure the Lions are going to base so much on that test the next time they're looking for a QB in the draft. :rolleyes:

If he's there, just take Vince!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar