Titans vow to keep fighting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just don't see any coach in the NFL having a satisfactory answer to the question "what's going wrong?"

What should he say? You have the obvious and glaring errors we all see--picks, drops, penalties, etc. Munch needs to call out a player for the obvious? Then you have minor mistakes which happen most every play. Some he doesn't see until he watches the film. I expect him to deal with correcting those errors at practice and film study or sit the player down if he has a better option.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree

so he should stop answering the question IMO

"I" would state the glaring obvious too stop the question. I mean we all see those plays - just highlite them and be done with it.

This 'gotta work on the little things' crap tends too make fans believe that this could actually happen. Fills us with false hope that just gets shattered every sunday

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You're probably right about that. But just once I'd like to see Munch man up and take the blame. Even something to the effect of "I guess we're just not getting through to these guys". Instead every week he's just up there talking about the "little things" and how "if X hadn't happened or Y had happened then maybe the outcome would've been different". It gets old for sure.

That's the problem. Those errors rarely seem to get dealt with. Or at least fixed. There are only 2 games left and we're still seeing many of the same problems from earlier in the season. This team has a major discipline problem. And sure, I guess it's fair to sit here and blame each individual player every time a mistake is made. But when it's happening so consistently and on such a large scale then IMO there's a bigger issue at hand. (I.E. Coaching)

4. TitanJeff

I have no doubt they constantly work on the little things. That doesn't mean it fixes anything.

Since much isn't getting fixed, you either have players who don't have the ability to fix them or a coaching staff unable to get these players where they need to be.

Probably both.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I disagree with that I think we have a pretty talented roster with a few holes but every team has holes. Look at the turn arounds in the league lately due solely to a coaching change. Players have never responded to Munch and they aren't going to automatically start all the sudden.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Example....Kansas City..Damn near the same roster...and I can't stand Andy Reid, but they rally behind him.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Munchak has no clue, hard to take the responsibility when you dont even know what youre accepting the blame for.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I just can't see how people have the nerve to defend him on here. I am not saying to place all of the blame on him, but if you can't see him as a problem after the past 3 years, you are just simply delusional.

9. TitanJeff

Yet the Eagles, also almost an identical roster as last season, did little with Reid. So was Reid a bad coach last season?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

So you want to give Munch credit for benching a player that almost everybody on this forum knew was a downgrade after the first game played? Sorry, getting something right after having gotten it wrong 5-6 times (don't remember how many games Turner started), is not a positive thing. And don't give me the Schwenke injury spiel, the point is Turner was a major downgrade from the players we let go.

And while we're 18th in scoring, imagine where we'd be if we didn't have a huge disproportion in runs on 1st down, and 2nd down after an incompletion. If someone were to do the stats I'll wager it's above 80%. That's just insane. Now add to that the fact that a lot of our formations and motions appear to give away the play most of the time. That's just my gut feeling from watching the games live, haven't actually broken it down, but if a given formation is more than 60% run or pass that's a huge bonus for the defense (provide the sample size isn't too small).

I'm not one to complain about Munchaks lack of fire or emotion. But his choices regarding players and coaches and the horrible product we've seen on the field as a result, is why I want to see him gone. Especially the brutal decline in LB play (a position I have a particular interest in) after replacing a proven coach with a college buddy with no previous experience coaching LBs and only 2 yeas coaching experience in general really bothers me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar