Titans vow to keep fighting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I think it was plain as day that the Eagles team gave up on Reid, and everyone knew it...Just like old Munchie...Both teams obviously needed a change. So are we saying that the Titans do not?!

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I also think Reid was checked out of Philly. I live here, believe me when I tell you...Philly fans and Reid were clearly done with each other. It was mutual.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I remember driving thru Philly a year or two ago and the fans were calling into the local sports station ready to hang the man. I was a little surprised because I thought they LOVED him.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Oh my friend, trust me...There was no love...hahahaha. Maybe back when they were competitive with McNabb and co, but they were wanting him out SO BAD last year. They were already looking at Gus Bradley and Chip before the last few games wanting him out. Everyone was disgusted by his play calling and his post game conferences, and I am sure all of us saw the lack of motivation and playing by the team. The era was over and I felt bad because he lost his son etc, but the fans were just done, and I am pretty sure Andy was too. The only thing I will say, is that at least they were good to Andy when he came back, that RARELY happens in Philly.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea my memories of him were in the McNabb years. After we beat them in 2007 I think, I really stopped following that team. Mostly cause their fans wanted to throw peanuts at me for 3 hours.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Edit: Sorry about the incoming book.

No, I will give you the Schwenke injury spiel, because its a valid one. ;) not only that, with the offensive line, theres a reason why people say that they need to gel. It does take time. With that being said..... I am more displeased with the offensive line than any other aspect of our team, except maybe QB.

Releasing Velasco? I was one of the few people defending him all of last season, and didnt want to get rid of him. However after signing Levitre, we needed to do it. We already have too much money in our offensive line, we had to let go of some of it.

Yes, I want to give Munch credit recognition for benching a player that almost everyone on this forum knew was a downgrade, and you want to know why? Because he is doing it in real life, and has more to think about and more decisions to consider. We just complain and play armchair GM and pretend like we have 1/2 of the knowledge (or data) that anyone in the organization has. Every team has weak links. Players that should not be starting but they have no choice because they need money to keep players at other key positions.

And its not so much that I want to give him "credit", its that I realize he is NOT afraid to make a change to help this team. After 17 years of Fisher, who would never do such a thing, regardless of circumstances...... its a welcome mindset in my opinion.

Keep in mind, that does not mean I am praising Munch as a coach.

This is your statement, so I am going to have to put it on your shoulders. Prove it. You can go through the game logs (just as I did last night) and find out how many runs on first down we have. My problem is this.... you are guessing, then you want someone else to go do the stats. Now if I were getting paid, Id be happy to do it. However I have actually gone through several game logs and we are balanced. We do not always run on first down. This last game, we passed 20 times and ran 11 times on first down (or the numbers are similar)

Now you could be right, but unless someone wants to go through and do it, its an assumption. I cant say for sure one way or the other, but in the few games (3 I think) where I actually did go in and look at this, we passed on first down much more than we ran on first down.However it was a small sample size, not the entire season, so either of us could be wrong here. For the most part, I am not the one who has a problem with the playcalling this season, so I have not felt the need to prove any type of points other than arguments that fit my opinion (which I admit, I am in the minority that likes Loggains)

I also think a big difference was when Locker went down. While Locker was here, we did run a lot more. (Fitz has thrown 300 times in 7 starts, but played 9 games). Locker has thrown 183 times in 7 starts and playing 7 games. The gameplan changed. If this were the beginning of the season, I would be more inclined to go along with what you are saying because we did run more the first few games.

Sadly I have not had the time to break down games like I have in past years. While some of the formations are predictable (run or pass), if you watch other games around the league, you see the same thing. I am one of the few that actually likes Loggains and I do hope he is back next season. He is going to be one hell of an OC and he will eventually move on to bigger and better things. Thats just a guess for me though. However I have seen some stuff on offense that I have never seen with any OC we have had since the Titans came to Nashville. His weakness, was run plays and I cant fault him with our line, and our RB's.

I am on the fence about Munch. I see the benefits of keeping him, but would gladly release him and be happy if we can get a better replacement. The next guy that comes in, I want to have a proven track record. (meaning NO to G Williams type hires)

I brought up some points in another thread about our linebackers. Your reply was "dude if you cant tell by watching"

yes, I can tell by watching. I see Ayers whiffing on tackles (not coaching), I see Brown over perusing (not coaching), I see both getting beaten badly in the passing game. Ive said this many times and Ill say it again. I take an analytical view when forming my opinion on players, and even then I can be wrong. However I am not going to drop my opinion because of the argument "if you cant tell by watching". Bring facts, examples, ect into the discussion and I have NO ISSUE at all changing my opinion. Im human, I can be wrong. (I just try really damn hard to not be and make sure I look up stuff before posting anything and calling it fact)

I do agree with you 100% about the LB coach though. Get that SOB out of here.. now. In fact.. if Munch stays next season, and the LB coach stays, itll be one of my biggest complaints about Munch next season.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Also, just to point out I can be a hypocrite sometimes. I do use the "what I see on the field" argument, but I also research things before I post reply. Otherwise Ill be deleting really quick and hoping no one sees it, until I come back later with facts.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah...D bag fans...Very hypocritical, it is funny to watch. Man, I could tell you CRAZY stories about times at the Vet and things I saw...haha

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'll take the last point first. I guess we just have to disagree on this, because in my experience poor tackling, bad angles and coverage technique IS something you fix by coaching. I do it all the time (or try to at least, I don't pretend to be an NFL caliber coach... then again I do have more experience than Chet...)

About the run/pass selection. I hope to have time and access to NFL Rewind over the holidays and I will break down the Titans offense like I would one of our opponents. My gut feeling is that we only start to pass when we're behind, which tilts the stats towards passing, because we've been behind A LOT.

Mind you, I will say I like the TYPES of plays Loggains has started calling, but he is still too predictable. When I can guess what's coming around 60% of the time, imagine what a defense with a full scouting report can do. If the defense has more than a 60% chance of knowing a play beforehand that's big.

10. Matty

Matty Camp Fodder

No matter how good a coach they'll always end up going a bit stagnant, Reid is a great coach but he needed a fresh start. I would have happily taken Reid here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar