Titans vs Pats on New Year's Eve?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've heard from a couple of people that if the Titans win next week and it means anything, the Pats @ Titans game may move to New Year's Eve.

:pour:

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you mean a night game on National TV?

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Aren't the flex games usually announced two weeks in advance? I think so far this season, they've been announced on Tuesdays. So if its going to be moved, it would be announced tomorrow.

4. Hard Hitter 53

Hard Hitter 53 Camp Fodder

Week 17 needs only a 6 day notice.

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
    Begins Sunday, November 12, 2006 (Week 10)
    In effect Weeks 10-15 and Week 17.
    Not in effect Week 16 due to holiday weekend.
    Only Sunday afternoon games in Weeks 10-15 and 17 are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
    The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
    No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
    The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce on 12 days notice the game being moved to 8:15 p.m. ET and may also announce games moving to 4:15 p.m. ET.
    Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.

5. Wow, that would be great, and it would be the first national t.v game since MNF against the packers 2 years ago...

6. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

do they make plastic champagne bottles?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

which means we would most likely lose. our record in prime time games is pretty bad, isnt it?

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

we got to beat the Bills first...

9. Do they even have a New Years eve game? I wouldn't think people would want to have a game that night...

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I'd be surprised they have one on NYE night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar