Titans vs. Steelers positional breakdown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypocycloid

Hypocycloid Camp Fodder

I said pretty close. Just like last year's game, in which James Harrison's missed some snaps due to injury, the absence of Polamalu made the game closer than it should have been.

Chris Johnson did nothing significant. Nate Washington was used as a decoy. The no rush, no cover defense the Titans used in the second half was an abject failure. Peyton Manning must be licking his chops.

This was the toughest game on the Steelers schedule. Can't say the same for the Titans.

2. Spike

Spike Gator pimp

33/43 363 yds TD

+ another game winning drive

sweet

Santonio Holmes - 9 catches for 131 yds TD

Same exact numbers as the Super Bowl game.

It's a sign.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Our special teams' epic failure (i.e. Bironas' missed FGs), our offenses inability to excecute the clutch plays/drives, and the defensive play calling in the 4th quarter made the game closer than it should have been.
    Fixed that for you.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I love Jason Jones, and William Hayes looked great too. Looks like Ford can't stay healthy though. And why did we draft SenDerrick Marks in the 2nd knowing we had so much very young depth at DT????? He'll be one of those MR picks that rots on the bench for 2-3 years, then we cut him.

But Brown and Jones, with Haye and Vick look really good as far as I'm concerned. I'm overall pretty pleased with the game. It's hard to get me worked up about a week one very close loss. If it were week 15-16 and we're fighting for a Wildcard spot, that's a different issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar