Titans Waive Four

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I wasn't even talking about VY.:hmm:

2. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Did I mention you in my post?

Have you read this whole thread? It's a thread devoted to the four players that were cut yesterday and somehow it becomes a thread about how bad Vince Young is. That is happening over and over on this forum. Every thread turns into a Bash Vince Young Party. Why is that?

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

He may just be the focus of everything Titan now that we can't complain about Woolfolk, Schwartz or Pacman?

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'd hate to play for your Pee Wee football team.

Because we all admit that he isn't the best, but none of us obsess over making sure everyone knows our opinion about it. None of us Titans fans feel the need to hijack every thread on the board with posts about how bad Gage is.

To both Jwill1919 and nate42104:
    Look, very few people here are going to say Vince Young is a top 5 quarterback. Because he isn't. But most of the fans are willing to be patient because he hasn't played but 24 games. Its common knowledge that the QB position takes longer to grasp and not all QBs get it at the same time. Most of us fans just can't understand why you aren't willing to give him some time. Most analysts said when he was drafted that Young was a three-year project. He hasn't even started his third season yet.

Eli Manning is still a worse QB that Young in my opinion and he just won a Super Bowl. I'm of the opinion that if we win a Super Bowl, I don't care about Young's stats. Vince has consistently been a winner since college, and that's all that matters to me. We will see how many people want Vince gone when we win 12 games and a ring this year. :)) (Yeah, I'm calling it. That's optimism for you, baby.)

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I seriously question the choices of Edge, Williams, Chester Taylor, Grant, Brown, Bush, and Turner. I also wonder about what Lewis, Fred Taylor, and Rudi Johnson have left in the tank. Ricky Williams, is that supposed to be serious?

I totally understand someone saying he isn't a top ten back, even top fifteen, but I'd say he should comfortably be in the top twenty.

Of course, this all depends on what we're basing this ranking off of. I'm talking about in terms of expectations for this season.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

White had 1100 yards last year. How many of those guys on that list had that many yards? Or even close?

7. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

lol.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Has the 5th guy been cut yet?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Got to go with gunny here. Those guys are comparable but not better.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I like Lendale for what he brings and that is a battering ram that can ware down a defense. Is he the best? Hell no, I would take any number of backs over him as a starter but I would still want him on my team because he can get some very tough yards that most other backs can't. The magic for Lendale comes when you through in CJ and what he brings. Together they are like Czonka and Morris of the 72 Dolphins. Looking back at that team it still is the only team to go undefeated for an entire season. And their QB was never known as a great passer and ran like an old lady.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar