Titans' Wide Receivers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

The trade deadline has now come and gone. The coaches maintained that they were confident with the players they have on the roster... Will we see the Titans coaches be stubborn and keep saying they're confident in Hawkins, Williams and Mariani? Just like they've been saying they're confident in CJ and the O-line?

Where do we go from here? T.O. sounds pretty damn good right now. Munchak better change his stance from not being sure if they'll send someone out to sending a whole group of representatives to Cali for his workout.

This reminds me of the same Fisher style stubbornness. Most people on this board knew that Hawkins doesn't belong in the NFL. Williams has some potential but he's not at the point in his career where he should be anywhere near starting. Washington has been pretty solid but he's a #2/slot guy on most teams in the NFL.

The coaching staff handled the Britt injury very poorly thus far in my opinion. They thought everything would be fine and people would step up but they misjudged.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why are you surprised? Everyone knew these wide receivers were awful without Britt. We saw it last year.

Anyone who thought Lavelle Hawkins was talented is retarded.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Seems like the coaching staff is always retroactive instead of proactive with any personnel decisions. We all knew the o-line was garbage but its week 8 and there still isn't a change. We knew CJ was sucking but we didn't really give other guys many carries, we knew the receivers were garbage but we wait until its painfully obvious before we make any changes that will actually make a difference. Yes we got Avery but he's not the type that's going to make a huge difference. Maybe 1 or 2 catches a game. That's a mindset that needs to change with the organization.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I swear on anything, I can fit right in with the WR's we have..

I went to High School with a guy named Willie Reid who went to Florida State and then got drafted by the Steelers in the 3rd round of the 06 draft. I don't understand why he is sitting at home, and I know for a fact he is better than all our WRs, except Nate.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Well at least some of these guys were finally given a shot. Now we can be sure that they have no talent and cut them instead of them wasting a roster spot waiting for them to "develop"

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Williams and Washington can stick. I think Williams is more suited to be a #3 WR.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They might sign TO or someone, but they're never going to say anything aside from that they're confident in their players. If a coach does that, he's lost his team.

8. amy

amy Starter

"The coaching staff handled the Britt injury very poorly thus far in my opinion. They thought everything would be fine and people would step up but they misjudged."

I think the only one who stepped up was the QB. He was mighty upset out there today and I don't blame him. It appears that Munchak has been having lunch with David Poile. Both think inexperienced/little talent young people can do the job of veteran players. They are wrong.

I'm old, and it just galls the hell out of me when I see other old people thinking what was great back in the day is still great. Fisher thought it was and now it appears that Munch and crew are the same way. sheesh!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar