Titans Will Choose Best Player with #3

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans GM Floyd Reese and the scouts have a couple of weeks to look at film and prepare for the NFL Combine in Indianapolis the last week in February. But the first pick for the Titans in the 2006 NFL Draft may be an easier decision than in year's past. "When you're picking at three, it's not brain surgery to figure out the number of choices you're going to have," Reese said. "When you’re picking 30th, there may be 50, 60 or 70 players to choose between. But when picking at three, there are probably only about four, five or six guys to choose from." Reese has also said need will not come into play and his team will look at the best player available. "You select on who's the third best player in the country," Reese said. "If it's somebody that can make a difference for you right way, then so be it. If it's somebody makes difference for you over the next 10 or 12 years, then so be that. It all depends on who is that guy."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. idrockfan

idrockfan Savvy Vet

Boy that makes it sound like Vince Young to me.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

typical reese BS

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Two posters said that they were certain that New Orleans would take Leinart.

5. titanjay

titanjay Guest

He says that....but i'm almost positive he'll trade the pick away. And probably for "value" that most fans won't recognize. Who knows.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Who "sells" the most tickets in NO? Lienhart or Young. Could argue either one is the better QB depends on how urgerent you need the QB on the field to sell tickets. I say NO takes Lienhart because he is more likley to be able to play effectively early.

Real question is do Titans trade down for Hawk/Cutler? I for one want Reese to take Young if available. Course I remember being real happy when Reese got Calico in the second so what do I know.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Three years later, I wonder how many of those 70 he'd rather have over Andre Woolfolk.

:flush:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Brian, would you shut up about Woolfolk.

Do you have anything else to say? Or have you some immature obsession with Woolfolk that you must bring him up in every topic, related or not.

9. THE53

THE53 Guest

I just want to walk out of this draft with either Leinert, Bush, or Young in a Titan jersey, whichever one falls to #3.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Neither

I think it's going to be awhile before New Orleans recovers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar