Titans Will Choose Best Player with #3

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You can post all the 40 times, shuttle times, how good he looks in a swim suit and every experts rankings but the fact is after 3 years there are a bunch of players Reese wishes he had taken instead.

2. You said fact. That is an interesting word. Did Floyd Reese have a personal conversation with the amazing Soxcat??? Was it on the Radio, in the paper, on television maybe. A fact is something you definitely know and I really doubt you remotely know Floyd Reese. Maybe you should say you strongly believe. Now here is a FACT. In my post, I said at the time he was drafted that the Titans must have had their minds set on a corner. Key words - At the time. According to all the times, etc., which you continue to downplay.... Once again - AT THAT TIME, Andre was the best corner available per all the tools utilized to make the pick.

Now, I will ask again, because everyone else seems to be in agreeance. Can you just chill out buddy. Now why would I respond to you then ask you to chill. Well why do some parents take their kids in a Candy Store and say, don't ask for a thing. Stay in the store for 1/2 hour then get upset when the kid goes ballistic saying, pleeeaassseee, pleeeeaaassseee

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

andre was best size/speed ratio guy, not the best corner. fact is we took a gamble on someone who had only played a full year at corner and it didnt pay off. we all knew it was a boom or bust pick.

the DBs taken after AW n the first round were sammy davis, nnamdi asomugha. charles tillman, eugene wilson, rashean mathis(my personal favorite) were taken in the second roucd and asante samuel was taken in the fourth round.

i'd say i would much rather have tillman, mathis or samuel over AW. andre just isnt very good.

this just proves you can't get all caught up in the size/speed ratio. i think we've fallen in love with big guys who run fast, instead of guys who play football.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We do all agree. We all agree that picking a guy in the first round that will be lucky to play NB next year for us is a bad way to get to the SB.

5. You talk like he makes no plays at all. That is a flat out lie and anyone that wants to stake their case, then do so. While your at it stake the cases where all those guys you just mentioned missed a play or two. The fact is Andre's worst games of the year were vs future hall of famers and a bunch of you found the scapegoat to point at. While he was hurt and after he returned all the defensive backfield was torched from hill to pac to the safeties. In particular, the miami game, no passes were completed against andre playing in the slot, but no one mentions that. In the same game hill and pac were burned repeatedly. Your statement in reverse must be saying he can't play football. You're flat out wrong buddy. Yes, injuries have derailed him and even this year, his best game was the one he got hurt in vs fitzgerald, who had 2 catches for a net of 7 yards vs Andre and right after his injury lit up waddell for 81 yards and 2 tds. In that game Andre had 3 pds in the first half alone, five solo tackles. He was playing a heck of a game. I mentioned it on this board during the game and all of the spiteful criticizers stayed away. Spiteful about a dismal losing season. Ok, you might knock him for his injuries, but don't talk like he can't play a lick of football. I won't stand by and accept that garbage.... period. Like I have stated before, he knows how to work incredibly hard during the off season and I am sure he is now. This is the first healthy off season he has had during his Titans tenure. Come training camp, when he starts shoving all of the negativity down the doubters/haters throats. I will come on this board and help him shovel it back in your faces.:irked:

6. You need to agree that one guy did not keep this team from the super bowl and get over your own ego and drop the nonsense. The people agreed to look to the future, this draft coming. Does that help you or are you too blind inside of your signature pics bag.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

One thing that has been proven time and time again in recent years - from Woolfolk to Calico to Bob Sanders to Pacman is that height is the most over-rated measurable of any draft prospect. Having receivers that can't separate and Defensive backs that can't cover, but a team of players who are great in jump ball situations does not make for good football players.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You act like there is some kind of conspiracy against him here. Fans want their team to win. I'm sure everyone here would be thrilled if he came in and won the starting job and made the pro bowl. We just haven't been given a reason to believe he will yet. You can't ride the potential card your entire career. Eventually you have to come out and earn your spot from the next hot thing.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If WoolfolksUncle doesn't think Reese wishes he had that pick back he is smoking something. IMO it is simple for Andre. Go out and prove all of us wrong on the football field. Be the stud we drafted him to be. Then I would be the first to give the guy props. Nobody cares at this point about combine numbers. What we care about is having better players on the field than the team we are playing. Andre might not be the only reason this team has stunk the last two years but he certainly has done his fair share. As a first round pick a player is counted on to be not just a starter but a solid starter, an anchor for the team for years to come. Right now he looks like a wasted pick. Only Andre can do something about that.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

There is much to ponder on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar