Titans will have 40.85 million cap room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by desfletcher316, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Just read on Peter Kings Monday morning QB article that we will have 40.85 mil cap space this offseason to throw around:greedy: . The most in the league,SanDiego are 2nd with 33mil. Don't know whether we'll spend it and i'm not holding my breath but i'm thinking on a clutch wr,a better CB if Pac goes,2 run stuffing DT's,1 if Al doesn't leave and a Dominating Guard should be at the top of are shopping list. Any thoughts?Someone feel free to post a link as i'm crap at it!:))

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Albert isn't going anywhere.:yes:

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^To quote Jeff Fisher. But yeah, I wouldnt get your hopes up, because last year we had the 2nd most in the league with 30mill and we spent absolutely nothing.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I have to think this year will be different.. I want to think that

5. desfletcher316

Hope your right.He might get greedy and follow the dollars.Wouldn't be the first.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Albert should at least be franchised, as said before. That or he will sign a long-term deal for a good price. If we he wants mega-dollars, I don't see any reason why the Titans wouldn't franchise. With his injury history, it makes sense.

Even with him, I hope we go after the top available free agent DT and spend one of our first 3 picks on one. Our team is too dependant on a strong inside of the line. I don't see that changing; so we need to make sure we have great depth in this spot, imo.

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

It may make it hard to sign Turner with SD having so much cap space

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Obviously facts do not matter to you.
    We tried to spend a boat load of it on Clements, Stallworth, Keyshaun, and god knows who else.

So you can stop with the cheap GM/Owner/Coach because it simply isn't true.

9. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Man I hope we seriously go all out and spend it this time. Forget wasting money I want a bunch of guys.

Stallworth
    Roy/Chad
    Samuel
    Turner/Taylor
    Clark
    New Punter
    Bob Sanders :))

10. desfletcher316

Been looking to actually see who will be available. This lot could help:Michael Turner,Chestor Taylor(not a freeagent but they don't need him,Trade?,Marion Barber,RFA(show him the money!),RandyMoss(we can all dream),Bryant Johnson,Andre Davis,Alan Faneca,Corey Williams packers(disruptive this year),Asante Samuel.I guess i'd be happy with 3 of them but we probably wont get any.:sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar