Titans will have 40.85 million cap room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by desfletcher316, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

And I'd win 45 superbowls if I was an NFL Coach.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm sure you can do whatever you want. With your dedication to PS3, no madden record is safe.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Better than ignorant thinking.

At least I can prove my points.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Also the NFL cap increases for all the teams again next year, I think.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I still think the best way to make our team better last off season was through trade. We could have tried to make a move for moss and we had a higher 4th rd pick than the pats. The pats trade was really almost a last minute thing before draft day. They fly moss out to boston, have him run some drills he cranks out an awesome 40 and they seal the deal. Moss would have come here for more money and the price of that 4th rd pick was nothing. Look at the WR we got with that 4th rd pick.

Then there were RBs available other than turner. Chester taylor became available the minute after they drafted peterson. Julius jones is a great complement to lendale a quicker guy who is a good pass receiver. Those guys might have been had with a 3rd rd pick. We had talked on these boards about a trade for darrell jackson from the seahawks. Well the 49ers got him for just a 4th rd pick. If we get jones with our third and jackson with a 4th we don't draft henry in the 2nd and probably don't draft williams in the third. Who knows how we might have done with our 2nd rd pick and the third and maybe we don't waste the picks on davis or filani either.

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Moss would not be happy here. He would not get the numbers he wanted. It would be Oakland all over again for him. Then we would get to watch him tear our locker room in half. I'll pass. Before the Titans can start looking around the league they have got some big time players to resign right here in Nashville. I think its more important to lock down the players we have now. Don't want Big Al hitting the open market.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The only problem with your scenario is if we use a 3rd on Julius Jones we obviously don't draft Williams because we no longer have the pick. If we use a 4th on Jackson we obviously don't have a 4th to draft Davis.

I do like using picks on vets when you have the CAP space to do it. The draft is suck a crap shoot I'd much rather have a guy like Jones with a 3rd round pick than use a 2nd on a RB who might not ever be as good. The strategy for a WR is even smarter. A proven vet WR is well worth a 4th rounder anytime over a 3rd or 4th round rookie.

Your logic is right on as far as the Filani pick as well. The shotgun approach of using three picks on WRs hoping one can be as good as .... Darrell Jackson ... basically means instead of trading for Jackson with a 4th round pick we used a 3rd, 4th and 6th round pick and we might not get one WR even close to being as good as Jackson. We could have traded for jackson and used our 3rd and 6th round picks on other positions or we could have traded for Jones and had our 2nd rounder still available for another position.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why wouldn't you want Chris Henry?

I'm happy with our running situation. I think LW/C.Henry/A.Hall are going to be a force for a few years with TN. If we can re-sign Chris Brown cheap again like last offseason, I'd be all for it. Other than a couple games this year, I don't feel like our run game's been the problem.

Also, if you traded for those guys last year, we wouldn't be in the cap position to go after much of anyone this offseason. So, it depends on if you think there is better talent to go after this coming offseason or last.

9. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

There is no reason in the world to not at least franchise Haynesworth.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I agree, even if he demands a trade, get rid of him, move up in the draft, get some players out of it

If not, keep him, make him work for the money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar